New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Hello from Me

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2010, 04:58 AM
Default Hello from Me

Hi,

About time I joined a forum (or two). I'm Red and I'm a Benz-aholic. It started when my father in law loaned me his 2.8 W123 E Class as a runabout whilst I was without vehicle. Considering I'd just sold a Lada Niva 4X4 it was a complete change and it changed me forever. I cruised ab out in that big old bus for about 2 months and vowed to own one one day. Well FFW a couple of years (about 9 years ago) I was in the market for another car after the Audi I eventually bought after my time with the loaner Merc gave up the ghost. I found a low mileage, diesel Merc 190E, which was immaculate, took it for a spin and fell in love all over again. I absolutely loved the car, ran it on chip fat for a bit too! Eventually sold it to a friend who still drives it, completely destroyed the interior but hey s'pose it's his to do that too (sob). I sold it as I couldn't get two kids seats into it and push the driver's seat far enough back to make driving comfy (I'm rather tall). So after a disasterous time with a Delica (awful cars) and the owning a Chrylser 300C which I didn't want to get rid of and was every bit as good as the Mercs I'd driven up to that point (mainly because it was about 75% Merc E class!) but also wanted to move home so that had to go. Anyway eventually I was in the market for personal transport again and just found a gorgeous W124 230CE which has issues, but at 115K miles it's just run in and it still drives like a new car. Squeaks a bit over bumps (guess that'll be new bushes at some point) and the heat doesn't work well but she's a grand old bus to helm about and I think I will have her for a few years yet (unless a better option comes along, Merc of course!) So that's me and my addiction to the Merc brand. Hello!
Red.

Last edited by Zneb Sedecrem; 03-03-2010 at 05:01 AM.