New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Hello from Catlett, VA (near Manassaas)

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Default Hello from Catlett, VA (near Manassaas)

I bought a 99 E320 about a year ago. I first went to look at the car because the seller advertized it as "flawless", and I had never owned a Mercedes before. It was indeed flawless, and the interior still smelled of new car/leather smell, and the price and mileage was right.
Then, this spring, my wife ran over a bobcat that was darting across the road. It went under the right side and demolished everything plastic behind the grill (radiator shroud, etc.). There was no external damage. So it had been "flawless" for 11 years, and then the bobcat screwed it up. On top of that we had neglected to put comprehensive insurance on it at the time of purchase. I pieced it back together by sourcing used parts, and a new A/C condenser, so it is fine now.
More recently the radio quit. This is the radio with the cell phone keypad on the right side. I traced it down to the fuses, and they seem intact. There's no display or sound whatsoever.
Has anyone experienced this? Is there a cheap and easy (or difficult and expensive) fix for this?
We love the car - it rides better than any car we've had previouly, old or new.
By the way, I used the search for the radio prob, and didn't see a solution.
Thanks,
Rich
Catlett, VA