New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Hello all, and a buying question!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 08:47 PM
Default Hello all, and a buying question!

Hey guys,

My mom's friend's father recently passed away and left his 2000 E320 to her. The thing has 27k miles on it! Unfortunately, he rarely serviced it and the paint is in poor condition, possibly needing a new paint job. Also, it needs new tires. However, she is willing to sell it to me at the same price the dealership offered her - $8,000. This is too good a deal to pass up, right? It will probably need another $1k in work, then I need to pay to have it shipped to me (I'm in NC, shes in FL, I've been quoted $450 lowest), then registration fees and insurance and what not. I'm thinking it will be close to 10k all said and done. This is still an unreal deal, right? Any way I should pass up on this? Even if I have to take out a small loan?

Thanks for the help,

And Hello to Everyone,

Chris

Old 07-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Default RE: Hello all, and a buying question!

Hi, If everything that you said is true then buy it. It is a great deal. I spent twice that amount for the same model. Of course my was in a greater shape, but still you can not beat that deal.

Old 07-21-2006, 05:45 AM
Default RE: Hello all, and a buying question!

Hi
I bought my 2000 E320 at 59,000 miles and nearly new but interior is kind of fast worn out specially the leather seat but this is a Great Car for that year. I paid $6,000.00 down plus $1,500.00 Warranty on Powertrain and electrical system and got finance the rest for the total of $18,000. I thought I got the cheapest deal but you are even far of my expectation of the price. REALLY TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE. MY ADVISE, BE CAREFUL TO CHECK OUT EVERYTHING INCLUDE PAPERWORKS, AND SPECIALLY ASK FO RTHE VIN NUMBER OF THE CAR AND GO TO THEIS WEB SITE TO CHECK THE CAR HISTORY: www.carfax.com for any problem of the car may be hidden behind it. This car even old but the wholse sale price when it is out in 2000 is $43,000 and even with 60,000 mile on it, it still can sell for $25,000 if it is in Great Shape. But since it is not well taking care, it may cost you lot of money for maintenance and tune up. Buying is easy but must prepare for repair cost. Calculate very careful before buying it. Just some advise I hope it will help you some idea. I has the same car so I told you with what I have paid and went thru.

Regards,
joedao2005