New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Hello...

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Default Hello...

Hello everyone,

I am new here, and also a first time owner of a pre-owned 2001 ML320. I love it. I can't believe I never bought a Mercedes before! Well better late than never! Thanks for having me!
I did post a question in the Tech area, hoping to get a response soon!

Allison

Old 06-09-2006, 07:33 PM
Default RE: Hello...

Hi New friend
Welcome on Board. I just let you know that ML class since 1998 up to your year has some improvement but here and there is still has some electrical issues specially on power parts such as power windows, power door lock, power mirror, power seats, stereo and if you has navigation system, it may has some issue too. You can go to www.carfax.com to enter your car VIN number and pay some little fee, they will email you or send you the full history for your car and you will know whether your model has any defect before and how many time it was sent to dealer for electrical issues. You can also check whether this car has mileage fake, accident coverup. If you find something is untrue, you can use this info as your evidence to fight back to the seller and many more you can find out from this link. I recommend you buy an extended warranty for this class because any service related to electrical system will empty your pocket. If you are the expert on this car, I will not say these words but this is your first time to own a mercedes, you should know this. I owned two times to mercedes cars( 1993 109E and now 2000 E320 but I also owned an Acura Integra too) so I have learned a lot of tricks to save my money. If you want to find more parts or upgrade your car, check this link:
http://www.performanceproducts4benz.com. I am a car's lover specially Mercedes so I learned more and more about it so I can enjoy my car rather than hate it and suffer with it so I like to help others to avoid my or other previous ownership with mistakes for you. That is why I want to join this forum. Good luck and welcome you to Mercedes Family.

Regards,
joedao2005

Old 06-09-2006, 08:01 PM
Default RE: Hello...

Welcome to the forum Allison!