New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

gonna take the plunge

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 09:13 PM
Default gonna take the plunge

hello, all--

maybe there's someone out there who can help me. ...

i'm a die hard porsche guy who needs 4 doors, and i recently came across a beautiful 95' E500 for sale w/ 130k miles, ALL records & reciepts from new, bilstiens, AMG monoblocks, and some other assorted mods. i have little knoledge of these cars, and have no idea of what these things are like. are they good cars? any known major issues? any certain questions i should ask the buyer?It's a california car that now lives in minnesota, but has never seen winters. It looks great, and the guy is asking $14k. i plan on doing a ppi, but i would like to have a little insight as to what the ownership experience will be like. Is it like a 300E on steroids or what? any info would be appreciated....thanks, and i'm looking forward to any info y'all might have---

regards,
coby

Old 03-13-2005, 09:27 PM
Default RE: gonna take the plunge

Too much money for a car with that kind of miles, I don't care what the buyer put into it. Expect to pay a few thousand $$ in repairs and maintence over the next year more or less, with that kind of miles.

I am a x Porsche owner, 1986 Carerra, I both it new, had a couple of everyday drivers over the years, finally sold it with 99,902 miles,after spending about 5K on repairs starting at 90K miles. I am meticously with maintenance, by the way. I now own a 99 C280, which IMHO is better then any BMW or Audi sedan I've owned over the years. The E Class is a excellent, the 95 E500 are old school Mercedes and are a lot less troublesome then the newer ones. I'm cheap all I would pay for the car is $10K to $12K tops. Snow shouldn't be a problem, my car has been driven thru 6 New England winters and I had two small rust problems, that weren't from the weather, but from the factory skipping sealing parts of the rear quarter panel where it meet the trunck floor, had it fixed and painted and it is fine now.