New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

couple of faults

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 01:47 PM
Default couple of faults

Hi, my name is odubee and I drive a 2001 C240 (elegance). When I start my car, the abs light comes on immediately, then it shows ESP and BAS (not available). By the time I drive a couple of miles, it shows ESP, BAS and ABS (visit workshop), tele SOS (visit workshop) and reduce oil level flashing in red. Read a couple of posts as to what caused the esp, bas and abs faults to pop up and the stop lamp switch was said to be the culprit. I followed instructions on how to locate the switch beneath the brake pedal, but surprisingly didn't see any switch. It looked either missing or was never there cos I found no unplugged wire harness. This hasn't affected my brake lights in any way as they work perfectly. As for the 'reduce oil warning', I practically drained the oil to the last drop and it still said reduce oil level when I tried to guage it. The top cover was removed which exposed the valves with a double chain thing at the front end. Well, the sludge found was off the record.. It was damn thick and it didn't look like an ordinary oil flush would work, so I spent hours care fully scooping it out and cleaned most of it. My fear is that the sludge has messed with the oil guage sensor and I wonder how much of it is left.

Please I need help...anyone???