New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

C 230 Kompressor

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Default C 230 Kompressor

I am in need of technical adviser on the pre-owned (used) 2000 C230 Kompressor my wife just gave to measa present on 2006 Christmas and particular for my comming 70th birthday on March 1th, 2007.

1. The paint on the leather (beige) that coversthe steering whell is, is vanishing in about 30% of the cover. Question: Can I buy the leather paint or dye to refinish the steering whell?

2. WhenI first start the engine,and it is notworm enough yet, the transmission do not work very smoothly. After it reaches the worm driving temperature conditions, it shifts very good. Somebody told me that I should change the transmission fluid and filter.
Question: Would changing the transmission fluid and thefilter would help to solve this problem?

3. For some reason before the engine reaches a normal working temperature, the LCD on the dash board for the "Ouside Temperature" and the indicators for the "Mileage Usage" (Total Used Mileage and the Trip Mileage) show just a bunch of litle lines. After the engine is warmed up, them the numbers start to show upin full.
Question: What can be done to solve this problem? Any body knows of an easy way to solve this?

4. The drives seat belt, is not retracting by itself. It needs helpto go back inside the column between the doors.
Question: Should I change the belt mecanism or just libricate the retrieving mechanism?

Any advice would be great appreciated

Celio de Moraes.