New Mercedes Benz Forum Members Area Just joining us here at Mercedes Benz Forum? Stop in, say hi, introduce yourself and your ride.

Buying my first Mercedes!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Default Buying my first Mercedes!

Hey everyone! I am eager to say that I am turning 20 in a short period of time. For this occasion I have decided to finally do something for myself.

After paying for college, travelling, and helping the less fortunate I have decided to save some money for a nice reliable(hopefully) car. UNfourtunatly I am a bit of a sucker for speeding.. So here is the car I am wanting to buy;

2003 (used obviously)
Mercedes-Benz
S600
v12
Full Option (TV,DVD,Phone,GPS,CD, Slide Roof)

I have loved Mercedes-Benz cars for a long, long time.

My main issue is that I do not know what to look for in used Mercedes-Benz cars..

Examples of issues;
The car has 100,000 km on it
It is 10 years old
Big engine so I assume minor problems are turned big
No warranty (I want to know if I can pay for warranty on a car like this in this shape now)

Don't worry about the price, I can assure you a 12 year old flipping burgers for McDonalds could afford it.

Thank you so much for any help given, it is much appreciated!

Old 01-11-2013, 01:27 PM

Reliable? A w220 V12 Mercedes-Benz? HAHA...no. But if you go for it, MAKE SURE you get some sort of extended warranty which might be offered, depending on the company.

I would personally pass on that vehicle no matter what the price was.

Make sure to get a pre-purchase inspection on the car before buying.

Old 01-12-2013, 11:09 AM
Default Answer

Originally Posted by Eshnaz
Hey everyone! I am eager to say that I am turning 20 in a short period of time. For this occasion I have decided to finally do something for myself.

After paying for college, travelling, and helping the less fortunate I have decided to save some money for a nice reliable (hopefully) car. UNfourtunatly I am a bit of a sucker for speeding.. So here is the car I am wanting to buy;

2003 (used obviously)
Mercedes-Benz
S600
v12
Full Option (TV,DVD,Phone,GPS,CD, Slide Roof)

I have loved Mercedes-Benz cars for a long, long time.

My main issue is that I do not know what to look for in used Mercedes-Benz cars..

Examples of issues;
The car has 100,000 km on it
It is 10 years old
Big engine so I assume minor problems are turned big
No warranty (I want to know if I can pay for warranty on a car like this in this shape now)

Don't worry about the price, I can assure you a 12 year old flipping burgers for McDonalds could afford it.

Thank you so much for any help given, it is much appreciated!
If you buy it?
Expect to spend $9,000.00 - $38,000.00 USD the first year to keep it on the road, and a MINIMUM of $3,500.00 USD every year you own it (regardless of miles driven).

Most Reported Problem Reports for the 2003 Mercedes-Benz S600

Mercedes-Benz S600 Repair: Problems, Cost and Maintenance

eBay Guides - Benz COMPLAINTS from owners...Will it ever end

whunter@pelicanparts.com

Old 01-13-2013, 09:59 PM

I would also like to mention that gas where I live is about 0.35 USD a litre. Insurance is not the most pricey here either. I am more focused on what kind of issues are typically wrong with a Mercedes-Benz after 100,000 KM.

Thank you for the quick replies though, they have helped me come to the conclusion of saving money sometimes means having to spend more.