Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

SLK Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 01:05 AM
Default RE: SLK Problems

Hi sined,

I note this thread goes back over a couple of years.
Have you had problems all that time or did you get it sorted and it has gone wromg again? If so what was the original cause?

5. Easy. You just need to programme auto locking. Press "Door Open" switch in the dash for a few secs and it will flip/flop the auto lock state. If this doesn't work then it suggests the PSE.

Don't understand the connection between Interior light problems and roof will not operate other than it is possible (don't have a WIS to check) they both have the same power feed through the N10/3 underbonnet body control unit which is "activated" via the CAN.

As I stated 2 years ago and now have a much better understanding an interior light that will not go off is likely the PSE./

You state:
I clean all contact at the pse pump what quit fine, a bit of corrosion.

Not quite sure what you mean by this but if corrocion is present on the White multi connector it is 95% confident it is yopur PSE (electronics part of module) that is wrong and this is possibly backed up by the loss of your auto lock. Basically the CAN (digital highway) gets shorted and the N10/3 doesn't get the correct signal.

Stuart.

Old 09-11-2007, 04:17 PM

Thanks Stuart,

Before I trow my pse unit, I need to find out why my light in the s84 ( roof switch) doesn't light. My feeling is that I have a short or a bad contact somewhere. I saw that thread and I will give a try. I did ordered a multiplexor with carsoft 7.4 and also the supposely complete service book for the slk part number P270017006.

1998 - 2004 Mercedes-Benz 170 SLK-Class Chassis Family Factory Service Manual on CD-ROM

I will try this.
http://forums.mbworld.org/forums/sho...ighlight=n10-3

DO you have some information on this famous CAN channel

Yes on the white connectors some oxydation was there so I clean it with contact cleaner, Is that enough to affect the digital bus?

tell me what you think.

thanks

Sorry for my english writing, I'm not so good at it.

Old 09-12-2007, 01:05 AM

The CAN (Controller area Network) carries digital messages around the car.

The door switch signal is received by the PSE (hardwired) and then transmitted to the N10/3 Body Electrics controller under the hood which in turn controls the power to the Interior light.

You say oxidation on the pins of the PSE. Trouble occurs when you have some corrosion salts ...light blue powder... around the pins. Removing this deposit does not resolve the problem.

Don't suppose your "family" manual will discuss digital electronics in any detail. Carsoft is good... BUT very expensive. Suggest you might be better getting the codes read by an MB dealer. Body codes are on a different CAN to the engine codes which have now been standarised and can be read by most scanners.

Stuart.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:50 PM

snanceki , Stuart, thanks for the help you give to this forum,

I finally fix my car, I just want to give an update for anyone who might have similair problem.

I had bad contact or bad solder in the Hasard switch panel, the PSE pump contacts, the relay module, and finally a dead N10-3 module.

In my case, the N10-3 was the final cause. Funny thing is I didn't have to go to the dealer to do any programmation when I replace this module.

I guesst it was just a question of time for all the others one to come up. Bad contact/ solder, corrosion will become a nightmare with the age of the car, and as we know, every year some electronic devices are added, for safety, economy and confort.

Old 11-23-2007, 12:55 PM

For any SLK owner, I strongly suggest the cd-rom book , part # P-2700-170-06, with the on-line website information, who gave plenty of information and electric deign. a must

cheers