Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Seat Adjustment for tall folks?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Default Seat Adjustment for tall folks?

I'm eager to purchase an SLK Class, preferrably '03-'04. I sat in an '01 Kompressor, and was disappointed with the headroom. I'm 6'1" and my head is on the ceiling. Hard to believe that Germany would produce such a size-limited vehicle! Have later years addressed the issue, or is there a fix to re-position the seat for taller drivers? I hope! Steve Blocher, steveblocher@sbcglobal.net

Old 06-30-2008, 05:03 AM
Default RE: Seat Adjustment for tall folks?

I'm 5'10" andit could be aproblem if I was taller, cause I like a more reclined position when I drive and it's just right for me. If was taller I would have to havethe back of the seatin a more vertical position to give me more leg room and able me to move the seat back without hitting the back of the cot pit. There is a lever on the left side of the seat that drops the seat down and slightly back, you have to be sitting in the seat to lower and out to raise.If you roll the backrest forwardwith the **** half way up on the right side of the backrest,it might workout for you or justkeep the top in the trunk. the heater works really good for temps down to 55...It's really a fun car to drive. The SL would solve any of those issues. Mercedes does have a SL350, but won't sell them here in the States for some reason. It wouldn't get the same MPG as a SLK, it's a bit heavier and the ride is too,but in a nice way, just different.