Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

Oxygen sensor

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 03:51 PM
Default RE: Oxygen sensor

Preramp for ramps is my concotion, will send picsASAP, I use ramps for quicky stuff like oil change, leak inspection, ZF connector O-ring replace, Trans. service, etc. Myrecent shoulder surgery has me running at about 50%..I have a ZFHP24 to finish realquick and a XK8to figure out. will send pics of wood, you sound smart and you may make a better preramp than me, then you will have to send me your pics. I attached a bracket that hooks to ramp so front wheel drives won't spit preramps out. I don't jack rearend and put stands under when vehicle is on ramps. If I raise entire vehicle,.I use floor jack and always Jack stands at all four corners.I use lift on big jobs,it is not here at house.I try to stay here so wind up on creeper under jacked up cars alot. Be careful jacking. always shake,push car, after its on standsto check stability.
Dumokie

Remember if in doubt.... DON'T!

Old 09-10-2007, 06:56 PM

Well Gentlemen, I think I blew it. I went and got the codes again like you said, it was P01030 circuit malfuction and P01032 high voltgage. Now, I bought the socket and unhooked the one end. I tried getting the sensor out but it was so tight I couldn't budge it from the top. The car was still pretty warm so what I did was spray the electric end. after it dried I put it back together out of curiosity and drove a couple miles to the post office. I most did't make it back. It was bad!!!! I think I have decided to just replace it. Though I will have to get under to remove it. I called O'reilly and it will be $168 plus tax and $15 for shipping. Should I go somewhere else?? I will not drive it again until I replace it. I am afriad I am going to ruin somthing else. The rear end really seemed hot and smelled like rubber when I pulled in my garage. I'm surethe gas flow or lack of it is causing this so I am going to bit the bullet!

I will look forward to your pics on the ramp.I always like to learn new stuff. I am very grateful to you guys for all your help and info. I know enough to be dangerous.

Penny

Old 10-17-2007, 06:12 PM

Stuart and Dumokie,

Well I bit the dust and bought a 02 Sensor. I looked at the after market one and the bosch OE one. The OE one was still longer than the one in my car by about 4". I ended up getting the bosch at $200 but I had a thought later. Could you get the after market one and cut the wires to your old one to get the correct connector and splice them together for the correct length?? Just a thought! I'm sure I know what your answer is.

Anyway, its running great now. I will put it to bed November 1st and then work on changing the transmission oil and brakes.I am assuming the brakes are the same to change as most car's.

Wonderwoman

Old 10-18-2007, 12:16 AM

Hi,

You could BUT I don't recommend it.

O2 sensors can be very tricky. Get the correct one and you don't have to worry whether a continuing problem is due to an incorrect part.

Stuart.

Old 10-29-2007, 04:02 PM
Default RE:

Okay Guys (you obviously know this is a woman talking!!)

I have changed the O2 sensor and it is running great. Thanks. It was easy to do. Now, I am going to be putting my beauty away for the winter and want to change my transmission oil. I have read several posts, some say to use the MB oil, some say you can use 4ft somthing or other. I need direction here. I also read Bazzell's post about getting a thermostate thing. I am not sure what the purpose is - not discounting that I don't need that - just trying to understand. Some posts read where you don't need a dip stick - just use a hanger or something. Okay, I'm sitting down!!!! tee hee!

One thing you might explain in your post is that Bazzell's post said to drain the oil out of the trans axcel - I was not sure where this is and what I have to turn to get the plug in the right spot for removal. I looked on your bullwinkel page but couldn't find anything there. Its probably too easy that is why I am missing it. I'll await your geniousness!!

Thank you kindly,
Penny