Mercedes SLK Class All Mercedes SLK Roadsters.

One Touch Top Operation

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 06:31 PM
Default One Touch Top Operation

In my quest to find a way to operate the top without having to hold the button throughout cycle, and not spend an arm and a leg, I happened upon a device called SimpleRoofSLK. It does just as I was looking for. It allows the top to be opened or closed with one movement of the button.

It was designed by a German engineer who's selling them for pretty much cost. He designed them for himself and members of his German R170 forum.

When I enquired about it he was surprised word had got to the US, but was more than happy to send me one (You can get them assembled or unassembled. I got mine unassembled for $30, shipping included.). I won't go into detail only to say we worked together to get the Instruction/Installation Manual in English which I have attached to this post.

He will also soon be working on two additional modules that will allow the top to be operated beyond the 5 mph MB design limit, as well as a module for remote operation using the OEM fob.

I'll post another update when I get mine and install it.

The manual is very explanatory with color pictures and how to order information, check it out:

http://www14.rapidupload.com/d.php?f...&filepath=1574

Downloading isn't as obvious as I would have liked, but hey...it's free hosting.

Click on this link, then click on "Download File" in grey lettering at the top left b/w the line and "Sponsored Links Ads by Goooooogle"

PS. I have to give Bazzle some of the credit for producing the German thread.[sm=smiley20.gif]

Old 09-21-2006, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: One Touch Top Operation

Good job man!

Old 09-21-2006, 11:00 PM

Looking forward to your results... I also like that the windows won't go up after dropping the top. That really annoys me.

Old 09-22-2006, 04:42 AM

Hi,
Dumbo question I'm afraid. How do you actually download the file? I can upload OK but can't seem to work out how to download.
Maybe I'm still asleep!

Better still:
1. What is this guys contact details in Germany.
2. In outline how is the changed functionality achieved especially deletion of the 5 mph lockout (this would most probably be better if it was set at 15mph. Any higher might cause the mechanism to become damaged.

Stuart

Old 09-22-2006, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: snanceki

Hi,
Dumbo question I'm afraid. How do you actually download the file? I can upload OK but can't seem to work out how to download.

Stuart
The link is the word 'download', top left corner. First click loaded what looked like identical page, second click downloaded file. It's a PDF file.

This doesn't change the speed limit, only gives it one touch operation. I certainly am intereted in both. I am surprised MB set the limit so low. 10 mph would have been enough.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:40 PM

Got it this time.
Didn't realise you had to hit download more than once.
thanks,
Stuart.

Old 09-27-2006, 12:51 PM

This thing is great! It took me 15 mins. to assemble it and another 45 to install it. It works just as described in the manual.

I’ve included a link to a quick movie to show it operating.

http://www12.rapidupload.com/file.php?filepath=26962 Click “Download file” in the upper left.

Happy Motoring! [sm=gears.gif]

Old 09-28-2006, 05:39 AM

Hi,
Seems like you have to press the switch twice on your video. Is this correct and if so why?

What are the contact details for the guy that sells this device?

Do you have a picture of the kit (at leat the parts) and of the finished item?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

Old 09-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

What a great product. maybe we could post a direct email link to the seller. (administration?...)

Old 09-28-2006, 01:52 PM

ORIGINAL: snanceki

Hi,
Seems like you have to press the switch twice on your video. Is this correct and if so why? I don't understand?

What are the contact details for the guy that sells this device? His contact info is in the manual link above.

Do you have a picture of the kit (at leat the parts) and of the finished item? I knew I should have taken a picture of the parts when I had them laid out. But, there are pictures in the manual. Me--->[sm=loser.gif] Sorry.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart

He's taking a holiday (vacation) starting this Saturday. He'll be back the 14th.

It's an extrememly simple setup parts-wise. 3 diodes, 3 relays, a thermal switch and the connector.

Quick Reply: One Touch Top Operation