Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

unsure parts and a BIG WHOOPS

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Default unsure parts and a BIG WHOOPS

Got a question or 2. I have a 93 600 sl and when searching for parts I find that my car has listed only one ignition coil that is mounted on the passenger side. However my car has two coils. One by the ABS unit and one directly below. Also in front of the breather box is a sensor that is made by BEHR part #6.550.01 MB # 009 542 6817. There are two of these on each breather box. Can anyone tell me what they are? They appear to have rust on them and I'm curious if they might need to be replaced. THE BIG PROBLEM IS after rinsing the motor off, the passenger side bank of the engine doesn't seem to be getting enough fire. It looks as though the coil has been replaced in the past however the car ran fine before I took it upon myself to rinse the motor off. I figured it was possible the coil that has gone bad because if I remove the coil wire to that bank the car runs.. However if I try the same for the driver side no go. Also after rinsing it smoked which it has never done before but that cleared up but the car just wont run right and has a BAD hesatation. The exaust is alot louder too like a resonator is stuck open or something? Could the cat be bad as well? After looking underneath the dash to see why the check engine light wasn't coming on.. I noticed that the bulb had been replaced with a blue ended recepticle that does not light up so I switched it for the high beam bulb but the engine light isnt staying on and the car is still running like Poop. I have ordered new distributers, rotor buttons, coils wires, and changed the plugs. Still waiting on the parts. Anyone got any ideas?

BESIDES NEVER HOSING OFF A MERCEDES MOTOR

PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 07-26-2006, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: unsure parts and a BIG WHOOPS

I have a 93 600 sl and when searching for parts I find that my car has listed only one ignition coil that is mounted on the passenger side. However my car has two coils. One by the ABS unit and one directly below.
you got two ignition coils but with different part numbers. A000 158 57 03 for the one below the ABS hydraulic unit and A000 158 64 03 for the one on the left wheel arc trim.

in front of the breather box is a sensor that is made by BEHR part #6.550.01 MB # 009 542 6817. There are two of these on each breather box. Can anyone tell me what they are?
maybe you are talking of air itake temp sensor?