Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

Repair Manual for sl320

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 11:46 PM
Default Repair Manual for sl320

Is there any good informative repair manuals available for the w129's?????? MBenz are very stingy with any information about there precious expensive babies. Now are babies!!!! I have checked e-bay of course but I want a printed version. Word of advise stay away from those CD's I purchased one and it was pirated and gave very little usefull information. Anyone wanting a free copy of it is welcome. Just pay the shipping--probably under two dollars. ( don't waste your money) I would like factory but after market is fine. I just don't want something that is limited information, I want it very detailed. Thanks in Advance I guess by now you know what I drive. LOL

Old 08-29-2006, 01:51 AM
Default RE: Repair Manual for sl320

I got a printed copy off of ebay for around 75dollars a few years ago, but i recently purchased a dvd version of mercedes star diagnosis which works well. Has all diagrams i have needed thusfar and the price wasnt to expensive. I would look on ebay again im sure you can get what u need there

Old 08-29-2006, 11:26 AM

I did buy one, but it was pirated. Mitchell on-demand is the manufacturer and when I called them about an issue thats when I found out that it was pirated. Ebay is not always a solution, but if I should see a printed version I probably will jump on it. Thanks for your reply. Vern

Old 08-29-2006, 11:44 AM

Vern, you can call the 800# to buy the 129 material...1-800-FOR-MERCEDES. The product number of the 129 Service Manual Library CD is P-2700-129-04. Cost-$79. Contains Repair Information, Wiring diagrams with Component Locations, Parts Info, Service Bulletins, Diagnostic Manual, and Reference Documentation; and/or buy a 1 year subscription for your specific model to AllData at www.alldatadiy.com - $24.95/yr

Bob

Old 09-05-2006, 01:27 AM

Go to www.manualsunlimited.com and get you manual on dvd-rom. Probably $79.00. And it is worth having if you plan to DIY.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:08 PM

ORIGINAL: 97dmsrS420

Go to www.manualsunlimited.com and get you manual on dvd-rom. Probably $79.00. And it is worth having if you plan to DIY.
There simply is no reason to do this...The DVD that SunGuy mentioned is the very best and most complete source of information on the R129 chassis.

Old 09-06-2006, 11:55 AM

While I won't dispute what you've stated, manuals unlimited is the exact same and for pretty much the exact price. However they've come about them, I don't know. But they are just as complete with diagrams, tech info, part numbers, bulletins and so forth. I know this because I have them and have compared them. So, I am not speculating anything, I'm speaking from experience on this one. Now, as for ALLDATA, I'm not a mechanic by trade nor am I a repair shop, so there is absolutely no need for me or anyone else to commit to an annual subscription for anything pertaining to the same car. Furthermore, if you do have these items discussed any additional information for the most part can be obtain from sites such as this one.

Old 09-06-2006, 02:17 PM

97dmsrS420,

Thanks for providing the comparative statements about Manuals Unlimited and the MBUSA DVD's. With copyright stamps on the MBUSA stuff, getting the identical from MU must be through some licensing arrangement.

As far as AllDataDIY, since you've not seen it, it is written for DIY'ers, not mechanics or shop owners, i.e., people who like to work on their own cars or to simply to see what's involved in a contemplated repair including such things as parts, location, steps, and standard hours to complete. The latter being helpful as a check on dealer or indie work hours.

If we go back to the original question, the guy wanted 'detailed' manuals, so unless you buy a set of WIS disks or subscribe to the TekInfo service, either DVD and/or AllDataDIY is about as detailed as it gets.

Bob

Old 09-07-2006, 04:43 PM

Well, I hear ya, but it's all moot anyway. As stated, in going back to the original question, he's looking for a printed manual. And that might be a challenge for that vehicle, which would display the detail that he's looking for. Good luck with this.

I have done a search for printed manuals (not exhaustive), and thus far have been unable to obtain one bearing intimate detail. I understand the convenience of having the manual right there with you under the hood, there's nothing better than that. However, I believe that day has been far spent.

If you do find an outlet, I would appreciate knowing.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:09 PM

97dmsrS420,

Right again! I missed the 'printed' in the original post. The only luck I ever had in getting hardcopy original manuals was from:

http://www.schiffeuropean.com

They do list a 320 Manual, but it is unclear if it is DVD/CD or paper. Our friend should call or email for particulars.

Bob

Quick Reply: Repair Manual for sl320