Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

No back lights for cluster or radio, A/C control

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 05:01 PM
Default No back lights for cluster or radio, A/C control

New to forum. I have a problem with my 1995 SL 500 tonight I came out from dinner started the sl and turned on lights. I realized that there were no interior instrument back lights on in the cabin. NO radio back light, no a/c control backlight, no power window switch back light ect. The only lights that came on were the outside temp and mileage odometer back lights. Head lights, parking lights are working fine. I looked at the fuses in all three locations and there were no blown fuses. The Instrument cluster gauges all are working fine. Any help would be greatly Appreciated.

Rodblythe

Old 07-30-2006, 08:02 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: No back lights for cluster or radio, A/C control

try adjusting the dimmer or rheostat.

Old 07-30-2006, 08:16 PM

Yes, the dimmer stiil dimms the outside temp and odometer, but nothing else lights up. I have been going through the electrical diagrams and I think circut 58d has blown, have not figured out where that is yet. Thanks for the help.

Rodblythe

Old 09-27-2006, 03:25 AM

HEY RODBLYTHE...U FIGURE OUT WAT D PROBLEM WAS? I HAD A BULB GO OUT ON MY 99 E320 CLUSTER & REPLACED IT TODAY. HOWEVER...WHEN I PUT THE CLUSTER BACK IN THE DASH, THE LIGHTS DID NOT LIGHT UP. JUST THE ONES FOR THE MILEAGE, CLOCK & OUTSIDE TEMP. THE ONE BULB I REPLACED WAS THE ONE BY THE OUTSIDE TEMP. ALL GAUGES WORK FINE AS WELL AS THE BACK LIGHT, ETC. I HAVENT CHECKED THE FUSES YET, BUT ILL DO THAT TOMORROW. LET ME KNOW IF ANYONE HAS ANY INFO.