Mercedes SL Class Mercedes SL500 and Mercedes SL600 Roadsters.

Help with issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 02:41 PM
Default Help with issues

I just purchased a 1999 SL500 with 22K miles and have 3 issues. The first is by far the most serious as follows. Yesterday, I drove from my farm in North MO to Kansas City with no problems at all. The in the afternoon with the temperature around 95 degrees, My son and his wife took a test drive and the AC blower shut down. We put it in the garage and this morning I drove back to the farm (130 miles) and the AC worked just fine. Could this be a bad resistor or something along those lines? It would seem improbable the blower motor itself would be failing at only 22K. I hope I don't have to ship it back to Sindelfingen for repairs! Your thoughts appreciated. Here is the car. Regards, Rick.

Name:  MB5.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  155.1 KB

Old 08-26-2013, 08:42 PM

Rick,
If your local mb qualified tech uses star diagnostics, your system's faults can be determined in a matter of minutes. Another option is to run the Climate Control's onboard diagnostics yourself. If you need the instructions to run these diagnostics, pm me with your email address and I'll send them to you. To put your mind, and wallet, at ease, I think you have a sensor issue (read, not expensive), but you'll need to run the diagnostics to be certain.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by SunGuy62
Rick,
If your local mb qualified tech uses star diagnostics, your system's faults can be determined in a matter of minutes. Another option is to run the Climate Control's onboard diagnostics yourself. If you need the instructions to run these diagnostics, pm me with your email address and I'll send them to you. To put your mind, and wallet, at ease, I think you have a sensor issue (read, not expensive), but you'll need to run the diagnostics to be certain.
Hello SunGuy. I currently have no check engine light or maintenance light illuminated. I also don't want to drive 140 miles one way to the nearest MB dealer. I sure would appreciate the instructions to run the diagnostics myself....for some reason, I cannot figure out the PM route on this forum as I don't have AOL. My email is rscruggs2@gmail.com. Regards, Rick.