Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

Thanks all who replied to My post!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Default Thanks all who replied to My post!

Hey, Thanks guys for helping me out. I really want this S500, but thanks to you guys I think I'm gonna hold off on this particular one. When I stepped out of the car after I test drove it, the car made a hiss and lowered about an inch and then stopped. So, as Vovpar said it shouldn't lower at all. I came to the conclusion that it had some suspension issues. I'm glad I asked you guys first and this forum has saved me a lot of money. I'm gonna keep on shopping and hopefully I'll be able to join the likes of you guys and drive me a S500 real soon. In the mean time I'll just keep on dreaming and driving my honda

Old 02-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Default RE: Thanks all who replied to My post!

I read the replies. I suggest you re-consider not buying the car. If the price is average for the car, which is probably in good condition, other than possible suspension troubles, there are options to consider: Ask for a reduced price due to possible suspension problems; live with the suspension problems and fix over time. If the price is right and all other factors lean thought to "looks worth it to buy", even if you had to expend a few thousand on the suspension (worst case only) it may be still "worth it".

Old 02-24-2007, 11:36 AM
Default RE: Thanks all who replied to My post!

YY...I'm not sure that the noise you're are hearing is indicative of an issue with your airmatic suspension. My car does the same thing and I was told by the dealer (who always wants a reason to take your money) and another MB independant tech that this is normal on many S classes. You may want to have someone validate your (potential)vehicle's issue before walking away. As mentioned in a previous post, it may be a negotiation point for an even better price.