Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

Sunroofer

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 05:47 PM
Default Sunroofer

Hi, I'm Mark and this is my very first post. And do I need help! I'm working on a 87 300E with a sun roof
that has some sort of mechanism that connects to a drive cable that goes to some sort of drive motor in the back of the car. The Cable and Motor seem OK but when I pull the headliner insert aside I see the cable end flops around. Some pieces (not good) fell out. I've closed the roof by hand and put some tape around it temporarily but I need to replace the mechanism drive that pulls it open and does whatever various functions it's supposed to do. I can't find anything Whatsoever on Mitchell on Demand in my local library. So I'm getting desperate. If anyone can help me locate a diagram and parts list, etc. and a Proceedures sequence. That would be great. Also I would like to know how to handle (the headliner insert, so that I can get into and work in that area. Any help is deeply apprciated. Best Mark