Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

S CLASS LOCKING & STARTING PROBLEM ANY WEATHER

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 11:42 AM
Default S CLASS LOCKING & STARTING PROBLEM ANY WEATHER

I NEED SOMEONES HELP. I HAVE A 2002 S430 WHICH I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH! I HAVE A LOCKING & STARTING PROBLEM, KEY WONT WORK, I BOUGHT A NEW BATTERY, ONE TIME IT WORKED NOW IT DOESNT, I HAVE NOTICED THAT THE TEMP DAY OR NIGHT NOW HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, IT IS STRANGE! IVE BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM FOR 5 MONTHS NOW OFF & ON, AND NOW ITS SEEMS IT WONT START AT ALLLL!!!! I THINK IT IS AN EIS PROBLEM, BUT BEFORE I GO ALL OUT ON THAT I JUST WANT TO CLARIFY THIS IS THE PROBLEM, DOES ANYONE KNOW? MALFUNCTIONS SUCH AS BAS, ESP, AIRMATIC, SRS ALL THIS KEEPS ON EVEN WHEN DRIVING (IF I AM LUCKY TO DRIVE!) THIS MORNING I CALLED ROADSIDE ASSITANCE THEY TOLD METO TAKE IT INTO THE DUNGEON (DEALER) IM TERRIFIED OF THAT! ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!!! ANY!!! -JULIETTE

Old 02-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: S CLASS LOCKING & STARTING PROBLEM ANY WEATHER

have the dealer check it with star diagnosis computer first and decide later.

take note of the fault codes or get a copy of print out results... you pay for that and you deserve to ask.

common problem in your model is EIS.

it got weak capacitor in side which drains the battery. (the CAN or controller area network always send wake up signal to other components). it never go to sleep mode.

Old 02-16-2007, 04:19 AM
Default RE: S CLASS LOCKING & STARTING PROBLEM ANY WEATHER

I agree with Sleepwalker.
However you shouldn't be driving around with BAS, ESP, AIRMATIC, SRS warning lights showing.
For instance if you have a crash your airbags will likely NOT work. You have been warned.
Warning lights are there for a reason.
The codes will indicate what is wrong. get them read and come back BEFORE committing to the dealer repairing whatever they find...unless you have deep pockets.
Maybe trivial. Maybe NOT.
Stuart