Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

WHICH FUSE

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 07:05 AM
Default WHICH FUSE

HELLO ALL

Would love some help,
I have a 2000 model S430 i am tying to locate the actual fuse in the fuse box for the hazard, hight adjustment, rear head rest release etc, all these buttons have stoped working and i am guesing it might be the fuse, but which fuse is it. can some one help please as i do not have a manual for this car.
thank you in advance.

Old 12-28-2006, 05:20 PM
Default RE: WHICH FUSE

the fuse box located on the engine compartment near the brake fluid reservour, left hand side close to the fire wall, its a black box with a bonnet lock. then check also the rear compartment fuse box located on the right rear side of the rear compartment.

Old 12-28-2006, 06:59 PM

there are more fuses under the rear seat as well., its probebly in there.
pass. side rear seat, black cover next to the foot light.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:22 AM

This is not quite as easy as it may sound. Of course check ALL fuses with a MULTIMETER (not by eye) just in case this resolves the problem but I think not.

Although I can't find the power source and therefore the fuse for all the consumers you refer to I do know that the Hazards are fed by an electronic fuse situated in the rear right SAM (Signal Acquistion Module) unit.
This sort of electronic fuse resets itself after so many seconds etc. However if there is a "short" the fuse will keep cycling to protect the circuit.

I suspect that since several systems have gone out together that it is more likely a multi socket connection problem at the point where the main harness joins to the fascia switch pack (can't think what else is common to ALL the consumers you refer to)

Can't quite remember the sequence of events to gain access to the fascia switch pack last time I did this but don't seem to recall any special problems. Think the switch strip just pulled off the fascia but go careful just incase my memory fails me. Maybe there was a nut at the glove box and instrument pack end which you have to gain access to from the back. If so you may need an instrument pack removal tool. 5usd from eBay.

Good luck. Let us know how you get on.
Stuart

Old 12-30-2006, 08:11 AM

Thanks to all who replied, I tried to locate a fuse box in the rear compartment (in Aust. we call it the boot) but couldn't find any also had a look under the rear seat but there was nothing there either.
Just to clarify the car is actually built in October 1999, made as a right hand drive for Australian standards, its an S430, Maybe this makes some sort of difference. also there are 2 fuse boxes in the engine bay, one on either side.
Thank you again in advance for your help.

Old 12-30-2006, 09:00 AM

The REAR fuse box os located on the vertical face of the RH rear footwell (and includes footwell light).
This unit "prises" out of the panel or you can push from the rear when the rear seat is removed.

Stuart

Old 12-30-2006, 11:47 PM

thank you for that snanceki i found this unit, I have checked all fuses there but there isnt any that are burnt out
will keep you posted