Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

A/C cold/hot blows

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:50 AM
Question A/C cold/hot blows

Hi, all, and any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
My 1999 S500 which I love so much, has an air conditioner problem.
I'm in New York and it get too hot here at summer time.

On a normal condition turn the a/c on,,,, and starts blowing very cold air, first I have to said the freon was recharged.

The blower and a/c compressor work perfect (kicks in fine), Here comes the problem when I leave the car in the hot sun (or when its too hot outside) the a/c stops blowing cold air after 6 to 10 minutes, and starts blowing hot air.

When the the temperature is close to nice (specially in the morning), (meaning not too hot) I noticed the a/c works fine even for hours. This is restringting me from taking long trips.

I read various blogs but could not find any help, would hate to take to the dealer and be charged for unnessesary repairs.
!!Help please!! Karlos

Old 04-25-2009, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by boschcm
Hi, all, and any suggestions or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
My 1999 S500 which I love so much, has an air conditioner problem.
I'm in New York and it get too hot here at summer time.

On a normal condition turn the a/c on,,,, and starts blowing very cold air, first I have to said the freon was recharged.

The blower and a/c compressor work perfect (kicks in fine), Here comes the problem when I leave the car in the hot sun (or when its too hot outside) the a/c stops blowing cold air after 6 to 10 minutes, and starts blowing hot air.

When the the temperature is close to nice (specially in the morning), (meaning not too hot) I noticed the a/c works fine even for hours. This is restringting me from taking long trips.

I read various blogs but could not find any help, would hate to take to the dealer and be charged for unnessesary repairs.
!!Help please!! Karlos
It may not be a problem, have a look at the manual, it mentions something in there about air con when its very very hot outside, e.g. when you leave the car in the hot sun, can't remember what it is though as mine is in the back of my boot and not in front of me!

May be worth checking your battery voltage too, the air con could be using too much power and the batt is going down too quick. Its very common for garages to put in average batteries when your S Class would have come with a Bosch 100Ah battery, aircon uses a lot of power.

Old 05-16-2009, 02:53 PM

do you know how to use your on board aircon control module computer? write me through my e mail will provide you with complete detail if needed, that would be the first step to take to know what is wrong with the system, fault codes can be identified.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:31 AM
Default How to ????

I was wandering how to do that on my 1999 S500 i think I found, the how to
on a M430 class , but could not perform it on my model.

I think that will be very help full, Thanks in advance for your help,

This is my first ever request trough the forum I do not know how to send you my email
so is included here, just in case I am not able to contact you..

my email

karlitobm@yahoo.com

Old 08-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Default Found the Problem

It was the evaporator. It is now working fine. Thanks all 4 your input.