Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

Airmatic screen comes on, can anyone help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 01:28 PM
Default Airmatic screen comes on, can anyone help.

I have a 2001 s430 and I bought it used. The problem with the car is that when it drives, it will have this strange sound like the car is pumping itself up, and it constantly goes on. Meanwhile the screen will say Airmatic please vist workshop. Does anyone know what is the problem here because I do not want to take it back to the dealer. The second thing is that I have another malfunction, which says that check 3rd stop lamp, but when I checked it, it works fine. Does anyone know how to reset that malfunction? Last but not all, is that I have the navigation unit and cd player coming on, the unit seems to work, but my radio would not recieve any frequency from any station, therefore my navigation will not work. I am not sure if its an antenna problem, but I am hoping to get these 3 problems fixed. If anyone can help or any advice, I would surely appreciate it.

Old 06-13-2005, 01:19 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Airmatic screen comes on, can anyone help.

pumping itself up, and it constantly goes on. Meanwhile the screen will say Airmatic please vist workshop.
there is a leak on the system. park the car for one night and observe if any of the 4 corners is going down. putting a masking tape on each side from fender to wheel can help identify.
i suspect the valve or the shock absorber is leaking. this will damage the pump motor after long time running.

3rd stop lamp
the bulb resistance is too low. have you tried changing with another bulb? clean the contacts.

radio would not recieve any frequency from any station
could the antenna be disconnected from the back of the unit? did you change the rear glass lately? you may try by flashing or reprogramming the COMAND first.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:43 AM

Yes I left my car overnight and my driver side on the rear has dropped down a lot. Now when I tried to run it, it says that Stop, car is too low. It will not even pump itself up now. What and how would I get this fixed? Dealer? How much am I looking to spend on it?

3rd Stop lamp, is the 3rd stop lamp the led right in the middle? If it is, how can I take the bulbs out?

For the radio, yes I recently changed the glass, now I have no frenquency at all. How would I flash the command system?

Appreciate all your help.

Old 06-13-2005, 08:55 PM

bump anyone?

Old 06-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Super Moderator

you need to change that shock absorber. it is leaking. do it before it burn the motor. make sure first that the valve doesn't leak.

dealer can repair it for a lower price.

[IMG]local://upfiles/1/137FBCD3E9334AD9844766B8FDBE46E2.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-15-2005, 01:54 PM

Well right now the car wouldnt pump up at all. Does that mean I would have to change the whole pump? I want to know how much would I have to pay for that pump, and are you saying that the dealer is the only place that can repair it?

Next thing is how would I flash the command system?

Old 06-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

a little bit too late because it burns the pump motor now.
test it first.

repair/replace the shock absorber too.

there is an updating CD for your COMAND. flashing it needs star diagnosis too. the dealer has it.

Old 06-15-2005, 04:04 PM

I don't know if its burned out yet or not, but I hear the car pumping up, but it seems like there is like a big leak or something, causing the rear not able to pump up. I called mercedes and they told me that the shock absorber will cost around 700 dollars. Is that the right price? If not where should I go to get one then?

Old 06-16-2005, 01:22 AM
Super Moderator

$700 is fair price.

make sure the valve is not leaking (located on front right of the car...on top of motor).

Old 10-26-2005, 02:36 AM

so if ur facing the engine with the hood open its on your right or left?

Quick Reply: Airmatic screen comes on, can anyone help.