Mercedes S Class Mercedes S350, Mercedes S430, Mercedes S500 and Mercedes S600 Sedans.

3 problems with 500 SEL 1992 - please help me :(

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2005, 07:02 AM
zzz
Default 3 problems with 500 SEL 1992 - please help me :(

Hello... i have made the super 200 000 km revision (alot of money) and they told me that my car is in excellent condition.... i had to make 5 000 km with it... i did it but here is the sad result.... i anyone could help me out i would appreciate very much.

1- A/C was filled... when i'm using it... super.. it's working as long as i'm not closing the engine... when i do... the air is hot in the front and cold for back people. If i wait 1 hole day it's back to normal.... until i close the engine... and use it again. if i press the blue button... i can realise that the warm air is mixing with new coldest air... so it's mild. but i need to put everything to max to get a small result.... look at the result for number 2.

2- if i run a/c max + radio + lights & run the engine on Park or neutral position.... after 10-15 minutes.... all lights in the dashboard are flashing..... looks like the energy is on very very low.... if close A/C from max... and turn radio off... it's back to normal. any idea what can i do?

3- Last year my vaccum for all doors & trunk where not working properly so the vaccum was changed for a new one. when i left for my 5 000 km trip... it works for 3/4 of the trip... both front door & trunk are not working anymore.... rear passenger works fine. the trunk was very full ... any link? any idea where the module is? is it possible that it's unplug or reset since the trunk was too full of things and had hard time closing?

Please help me out.... i'm totaly desperate.... i was very happy with my car but i'm not living at 100 deg.... and looks like the car have hard time giving me satisfaction (1,2,3)

Thank you very much,
John

Old 06-29-2005, 08:14 PM
Default RE: 3 problems with 500 SEL 1992 - please help me :(

zzz:- If you mean by closing the engine you are switching it off, then ok. I think that it would be useful if you read the owners manual that came with the car. I have only had one of these for about a week, so if my answers are wrong then I apologise.
1st. Point:- Don't press the blue button. For normal operation in hot climates both red and blue lights should be EXTINGUISHED.
2nd. Point: - Why are you doing this? Do you live underground? When the engine is ticking over the battery will very quickly discharge and then all sorts of things will go wrong until you get the battery voltage up to normal.
3rd. Point:- Haven't got a clue!

Old 06-30-2005, 05:26 AM
zzz
Default RE: 3 problems with 500 SEL 1992 - please help me :(

When i read your reply i sound like a redneck LOL...

For your information i don't live on pluto LOL.... i've just moved in Vegas and with 100 deg and more with a bad a/c i need to press the blue button... (it's not a gadget it's supposed to be usefull :P) when you drive down the strip... it's like being on park or neutral for a long time... then it's starting to do bad things with battery stuff.... how can i resolve this?

number 3 is fix... i had to remove fuse 3 and 9 and put them back... that's it....