Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

Transmission

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 03:43 AM
Default Transmission

Hi i have a 1999 ml320 with about 120k on it about six months ago while driving the transmission went into limp home mode and the check engine light came on the code came up for improper gear ratio. Took it to the dealer and they charged 1800 for a new valve body and that fixed the problem. But the problem now is i took it in some mud not very deep just a couple inches but after a while the car started to act weird the transmission would not grab any gears when it finally did grab a gear it would shift weird and sometimes while shifting it would grab the gear for a second and let go and i would have to stop to get it going again. Now the problem is that from gears 1-3 shift fine but as soon as it goes to 4th it grabs it for a second and lets go again. The check engine light is on the codes they pulled up are (once again) improper gear ratio, and transmission control module malfunction. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated i should of learned my lesson on 2003 c class and 2001 S class but i didnt and now i need help thanks for your time