Mercedes M Class Mercedes ML350 and Mercedes ML500 SUV's.

Help With My ML Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Default Help With My ML Navigation

Just bought a 00 ML320 from Manhattan MB, came with CD 8 New England, just picked up the Mid Atlantic CD #7, put the CD in, and does not pick up any Satellites. Do I have to Call MB NA to have this model registered to receive a Satellite signal? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks all.

Old 01-15-2007, 01:25 PM
Default RE: Help With My ML Navigation

Hey, i have the similar problem with my 2002 ml-320. It seems that their is not link between the unit and satelite. The error message that appears is (Cannot define Vehicles Position). I'm assuming it's the antena that is causing this problem.. Let me know if you resolved your issue.

Thanks

Old 01-23-2007, 03:21 AM
Default RE: Help With My ML Navigation

no , these navi sys are quite simple the disc is the series of maps the navi reader sends req. for position from sat. and applies to the map . now check your sat. reading how many is your car picking up ???? you need at least 2 but 3 for pin pointing . this can be done using the menu button on the ml command center , scroll to sys info. there should be sat. reception (a picture of a sat. and a # ) thats how many are receiving you. it takes time its not high speed access . when you install a new disc one with different maps you havbe to let the car sit outside in a open position where 3 sat. are receiving you and allow the car to find its self . calling mb usa will do nothing they will tell you the same thing i am . if no sat. are reading you andyou tried different areas of receptionyoumay have a antenna problem or possibly a navi reader .also you can fin the little picture of a sat. (in white) nottom corner of top corner of command center when you select current position in the display menu and you see a picture of a map and the little triangle which is your ml .