Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiper Blade (Blade Style)

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 08:30 PM
Default Wiper Blade (Blade Style)

Kinda silly thread, but Ive been surfin the net and the MB dealers all tell me they dont carry the "right one for my car".

Been looking for the blade style wiper blade. Had them on my Volvo (bought easily aftermarket) and seen them on the new MB's in the dealership (Ive got a 97 E420 with only 117kms serviced only at MB & lovin it). Does anyone know where I can get 1 of the new blade style wipers? Can I just buy the closet size and will it fit with the stock adapter in my factory blade?

I found the blade style to work great (better than any other wipers Ive owned) and they look sharp as well.

MB dealers say they dont carry 1 for my MB.

Thanks

Old 09-28-2007, 11:26 PM
Banned
Default RE: Wiper Blade (Blade Style)

Bosch Icons,the best blade i have ever used.

Old 09-28-2007, 11:33 PM

I have no specific knowledge on this BUT will hazard a guess.

MB use a different fitting/adaptor for the new "simple blade" style wiper armature/blade to what was used previously.
The fitting/adaptor between the blade and the arm is likely important to the effectiveness of the installation anyway.
The "new" system works much better in freezing conditions since water does not freeze the "elements" of the armature together thus rendering the mechanism ineffective. I've long wondered why MB go to the length of heated screen wash container and jets to then have it freeze on the blade armature rendering the whole system ineffective. MB have at last grasped the nettle.
A great improvement for those that regularly experience these specific meteological conditions.

However the overall MB wiper system from model to model through the years has remained very similar.
I suspect that if you compare the wiper system on your vehicle with its newer counterpart (or adjacent MB model ranges) the wiper arm type and length will be the same and even possibly the blade length.
If so purchasing the sytem for the newer vehicle will meet your requirements for your older vehicle.
Guess a bit of research with a tape measure is required.

The parts department will likely only be able to quote the "correct" part number (i.e. old style) since not everyone will want to swap out the whole arm and blade( X2?)

Hope this helps in some small way.

Stuart

Old 09-29-2007, 07:01 PM

i've got the single blade style & tried to install a 24 inch (stock is 25 inch) blade type wiper today but you were right the arm was too wide to fit the blade so i didnt even have a chance to see whether i could transfer the MB wiper adapter onto a generic blade. the cars that ive seen that have the new blade have the 2 wiper set up. i may cave and go with stock but im kinda disappointed &standard blades arent the greatest up here in the great white north. thanks, Todd