Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

W211 cellphone antenna hookup

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2004, 01:30 PM
Default W211 cellphone antenna hookup

Is there a way to hook up a cell phone just to use the built in antenna feature of the new E class?

Old 04-19-2004, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator
Default RE: W211 cellphone antenna hookup

such an easy question but a lot of parameters are involved in answering it. it could have been easier if you include the chassis number so we will know the option codes (accessories) included in your car like compensator, tele-aid, pre-installation or standard mb phone, d-network...etc.

the handy telephone separation point is inside the center console armrest. it's a shielded black and transparent wire. but it has been through splitter already which also connected to phone, cellular phone, and stationary heater radio control. be carefull not to affect other signals.

if you don't have the standard installation of telephone in the armrest, the wire goes directly to telecommunication control module... terminal 6.

sometimes the antenna is w/ tele-aid and gps too (as i told you it's hard for me to imagine what you have installed in your car!)

anyway, the antenna is the one protruding on the middle top of the rear windscreen. you can try connecting from there too... behind it theres a black box junction.

that also goes to interface on the luggage compartment floor behind rear seat bench.

the answer is: yes you can if you have the proper connector. other things involved is another story.

Old 04-19-2004, 05:59 PM

Thanks. I have a tri-mode phone (Kyocera 7135) not related to any that have special Mercedes adapters or capabilities. All I am looking for is a better antenna hookup than the one on the phone itself. I'll have to investigate when I get the car and look at the area near the console.

Old 06-11-2004, 08:39 PM

My VIN is WDBUF26J45A556145

I have the optional Harmon Kardon 5 channel stereo, heated seats and steering wheel, panoramic roof, and Xenon headlight package.

What would be nice is to get my cell phone to work through the car's system and antenna to make it hands free and with better reception.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Would getting a Blue Tooth set-up be easy with this car?

Thanks.

Tin Man

Old 06-11-2004, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

tinman, i will check what options you got after 3 days. am out of town now.

i think blue tooth is not advisable to install on the car? it might disrupt some signals and other cars on the road doesn't have it either... except if they got cellphone. you cannot access it on the menu either because no software is available yet.

Old 06-20-2004, 03:00 AM

It looks like, after some on-line searching, that I would need a special Mercedes module to have a compatible phone integrate with the system in a hands free manner and have steering wheel controls.

For my needs, I would need to get a Motorola V60 or V600 for it to work well.

Is the dealer the only one with the proper information and parts?

Thanks.

Old 06-22-2004, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator

the only phone available for it now Tinman is Nokia 6310I and Bedienhoerer model.
the control module you mean is the CTEL system preparation (A240 820 15 26).
kindly check the options code on your service manual if you can find the number 384. it is a CTEL preparation high for USA.
the antenna combiner where you can attach the after market phone is on the left side C pillar. just below that is the active duplexer.
i am sorry that i have not installed an after market phone before, and therefore my experience on this matter is still not wide.

Old 06-22-2004, 02:13 AM

Thanks sleepwalker. I will look these numbers up.

I was under the impression that a Motorola V60 would also work.

Can ANY cell phone with an antenna be hooked up to the outside antenna?

Can a Bluetooth setup work and if yes, can ANY Bluetooth phone work?

Just wondering. Thanks.