Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trunk and Hood Emblem Changes???

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 06:12 AM
Default Trunk and Hood Emblem Changes???

I know you can change the stand up benz emblem on the hood and the flat emblem on the trunk but how hard is it to do? Should I take my car to the stealership to have them do it or is there a way to do it yourself? Any info will be greatly appreciated as I am trying to customize my car slowly but surely.Thanx.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:28 AM
Default RE: Trunk and Hood Emblem Changes???

well, you can take the benz standing emblem out by yourself, but once it's out, it's out. You might have to purchase a new benz standing emblem if you want it back to it orginal. Take a screwdriver, wrap it with a soft cloth or towel, and lift it up slowly and evenly on all sides. It should have a little loaded spring underneath the emblem, give it a turn and it should lift it right out. I've asked the dealer about doing the same thing. But the piece from the dealer doesn't even fit in the hole where the standing emblem.

This is what I'm thinking about doing, just cut down on the standing Benz Star and leave the bottom part in it orginal place,(i have found areplacement for thestanding Benz emblem for $28 online some website)and replace the OE grill witha new grill with a benz star in the middle. So the car would look like the SL or C grill. I like the look of that better. Anyone with any suggestion? Please... I would like to hear.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:19 AM
Banned

Custom badges for sale by a member on mbworld.org w210 section.Search the threads using the search bar or post a shout out,nice looking units.
ohlord

Old 01-13-2008, 05:03 PM

The hood emblem cost about 35.00 at any dealer, most of them will install it for free, at least here in Mexico. It only takes five minutes to do so.

Old 01-17-2008, 12:16 AM

Check to see if the dealer emblem fit your E class or not. I asked to see if it is fit in my E class and the hood emblem didn't fit.

Old 02-26-2008, 06:37 PM

I would take it to the dealer, they can pop them on/off in no time, and you don;t risk anything. The most they would charge would probably be around $25.00. Well worth not messing it up yourself. And depending on the year of your car, a new grill is tempting. There are a ton of aftermarket options, and some aren't that bad; whereas some are complete crap. Do yourself a favor and get a better quality one. This way the chrome won't "flake" away and look bad in one year.

I know EBAY is full of both extremes, but if you read the descriptions clearly and look at feedback, you can find some sweet accessories there. I purchased some AMG exhaust tips for my E320 and they look beautiful. I had to pay around $120.00 for them, but they were worth every penny. Then I went to a muffler shop and had them install, and spot weld them on.
You will have no problem installing a grill yourself, if thats what you decide to do.