Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Strange electrical problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:44 AM
Default Strange electrical problems

I have an 1998 E320 sedan and have had a few strange problems.

1. Doors won't unlock with the FOB intermittently and when I try to lock them with the FOB, no lights flash and doors don't lock.

2. Sometimes the windows won't go up/down and no express feature..changes from one door to others....never the same door twice in a row.

Is there a control module that controls all this?

I recently had to install a LR window regulator. but that's all I ve had to do in the recent past.

Any insight on problem and parts would be appreciated.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:56 AM
Default RE: Strange electrical problems

Check the ground cable from the battery to the body. I fixed a herd of weird electrical problems on my 97 E300Dby cleaning it up with sandpaper and adding a washer to get a good tight connection to the bodyground.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:34 AM
Default RE: Strange electrical problems

i recently had a problem where my front windows would not go down and my side windows would not adjust. my trunk also wouldn't open by pushing the button or using thefob. i thought maybe my console switch had gone bad sinceall these functions are inone switch (cost $350) I 'm not a person to throw an expensive part at something for troubleshooting. On this forum I found a post about unplugging the battery, waiting a few minutes then plugging it back in. I tried it and now everything works. I did have to perform the Normalization procedure after unplugging the battery.sounds like you are having similar problems. make sure you have your radio code before unplugging the battery.