Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2007, 04:41 PM
Default Service

So since i didnt get any advice on the tires, i brought it to the dealer. They recommended Michelins.

They told me that it didnt need an oil change for 11k more miles? That seems like an absurd amount of time to go between oil changes, is that possibly accurate?

I know that with Synthetics you can go further but I always figured 5-7k at best.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Default RE: Service

that all really depends on the degree of oil contamination and break down, doesn't it? what does
your car computer recommend? would be nice, too, if we knew the specs on your car. tnx

Old 04-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Default RE: Service

As to tires, I bought a 1991 with 65,000 on it in 2002, from a non-Mercedez, high volumne import dealer.Car had a vibration and the deal was to fix the vibration. After umpteen trips to the dealer, they decided they would change the transfer case. I saw the old one and the rebuilt, andI can't honestly say there was a big improvement.
Was on the Michelin web site and I decided to try a different tire. Swapped out the relatively harder sidewall performance tire, for a softer more forgiving ride. I think the new tireswere xone's. Improved the vibration to the point that I could easily live with it. Buy the correct tire and don't skimp on quality.