Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

potential Mercedes Owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:17 AM
Default potential Mercedes Owner

Hey all
It is my first post on here, so hello!
My name is Mike and i am one of the next potential Mercedes E350 owners. This car will be my first car. This car is currently competeing with the Infiniti G35and the Chrysler 300c. I would, no matter what, be leasing.

Judging from these 3 cars, you can see that the family is pretty well-to-do, so money isnt that big of an object. The particular Mercedes E350 i want and have customized is around $55,000 dollars, which is doable under lease.

What i am looking for in a car is Reliability, Appeal to women, good sound system, comfortable for someone who is 6"1 and has big legs like me, good navigation system and extras, safety(BIG thing), and just a general "Baller" factor. Like when people see me drive by, they say "D@*%, that guy is IT" haha. Also, with a lease, can the dealership tint the windows?

Does this Benz fit that, or should i be looking elsewhere for such a car? Please let me know, as i would like to make a decision soon.

Thank you very much

Old 03-01-2007, 02:34 PM
Default RE: potential Mercedes Owner

hmm for a little bit more, you can get a used2003 e55 AMG, slap on some HREs, tint the windows, get it tuned by EVOSPORT....then you'd be 'BALLLLINNN' - Jim Jones...no but seriously I believe that if you want the look of the car, then go for it, but if you want power and speed, (I know of at least two pre-1995 benz's that'll run that 350 down), then get into an E500 or e55...or go for the E63 if money is truely no problem.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:01 PM

hey Battlecat, i found one of those e500's

a 2005 model that has been in ZERO accidents or scrapes and bumps. Navigation and all that other sweet stuff for $35,995 with 14,000 miles on it. $2000 down, i would pay about 598 a month for it under a 60 month payment plan thing. Does that seem like a good deal, and another thing, can this mercedes play my ipod when it is plugged into it?

does this car seem like a good deal? I'm sure i could get the windows tinted, and somewhat pimp it out, but not many ways to pimp a mercedes, they already are pimp. Is this model a typically safe car? and does it turn heads?

Old 03-02-2007, 07:42 AM

Oh man Mike! I forgot this would be your first benzo. I'd say that deal sounds good, but keep looking maybe, like a 03. Don't worry, the differences between an 05 and 03 are minimal if any, it may have a few more miles but these cars are built to last, trust me. Good deals arise everywhere and you wanna get the cheapest one with the best values. That 305bhp+ V8 will turn heads. Your ipod should be able to plug-n-play since most of these models already come standard with that option, you can always ask. Mercedes makes one of the safest automobiles in the world, I can attest to that since I own two older benzes that are basically tanks. Good luck!

Old 03-02-2007, 04:25 PM

yeah, i definately will keep looking. But if i get the 03 instead of the 05 or the other way around, what things could i do to customize it? I would need to get the windows tinted, maybe a new paintjob, and that would be it, or would this car look good with rims? What other custom things have people done with it?

Old 03-02-2007, 04:52 PM

Ok first, you will definately not need a paintjob, if it will need it, then you should of never bought it. Most of these cars are well taken care of. You might want to make an account with mbworld.org or benzworld.org and go into their specific forums on these newer e-classes. Each car class thread there has its own picture and there you will some of the sickest modifications to these e-klasses. The basic mods for this car is the suspension, tint, audio system, rims, bodykit, and engine tuning.