Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my headlight/taillight upgrade 94E320

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 07:36 PM
Default Pics of my headlight/taillight upgrade 94E320

Here she is..

Old 01-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Default RE: Pics of my headlight/taillight upgrade 94E320

where did you get your lights?

Old 01-01-2007, 09:08 PM

As long as you like them, thats the main thing

Old 01-01-2007, 09:17 PM

Ebay..but they're a marriage between my Boschs and what I bought so they're brighter and just as sturdy.
~dehaven

Old 01-01-2007, 11:54 PM

It looks like Mercedes japanese wannabe lexus

Old 01-01-2007, 11:58 PM

One of my new years resolutions is to ignore stupid crap commentslike that..so anyway for those people who I've read in threads on here happened to buy lights off ebay and are having trouble wiring them I have the wiring diagram..

Old 01-25-2007, 11:50 PM

I would love a copy of the wiring instructions. I just got mines today! Please email to me. Thanks.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:51 PM
Default Wiring

Ok, let me preface this by saying (DON'T push too much on anything the lenses are plastic and scratch easily)[/align]Keep in mind I used an old pair of Boschs for the MAIN headlamp part, removing the bulb and housing for the MAIN headlamp part on these, as they are not that bright..don't tear your Boschs apart to do that they're $$$$..go to a junkyard or just get some bulbs and housings from autoparts store..just mentioning this so the white-brown -yellow wiring I mention from "main headlamp" you understand is from our OEM's, not the aftermarkets, so you look and wire accordingly) I tried so many different wiring combinations and this is the only way EVERYTHING will work and even work with the switch correctly...so here we go; (pictures would probably help, I could send, but keep in mind I didn't solder anything yet, I'm lazy, and used butt plugs or plastic wire connectors) Wherever I say "prong" I mean at the connection where you will plug your four hole female connector to your 4-prong housing on back of lamp. You can buy the convertor for the 6 prong off ebay, I have the link, or do it this way.:[/align]I used the 4 prong connector off an old pair of Boschs, cutting all wires off the prongs on these aftermarkets, bypassing those prongs completely, and wiring instead to the old Bosch prong plate, which you will plug directly into. I even pulled out the prongs on the new ones with a pair of pliers, and ran all wires through the holes to connect. This keeps everything tight too so there's no condensation. Don't think you can take off the front lens of these, you can't, they glued the suckers so if you try you'll break them. Also don't think you can just 'switch out' the prong plate on the back of the new lamps with your factory ones...that screw DOESNT come out..it's glued in as well) Grab some extra wire...you'll need some extra length...[/align][/align]Driver’s Side[/align]SMALL CORNER BULB[/align][/align]For the small corner bulb (red[/b] and black[/b] wires) :[/align]Connect the RED[/b] wire from the small corner bulb to the BLUE[/b] wire[/align]on the projector fog lamp[/align]Connect the BLACK[/b] wire from the small corner bulb to the BROWN[/b][/align]wire from the main[/b] headlight, and also to the BLACK[/b] on projector fog lamp[/align][/align]MAIN HEADLAMP[/align][/align]Connect the white [/b]wire to white[/b] prong wire[/align]Connect brown[/b] wire from main headlight to black[/b] wire on projector fog lamp[/align]Connect yellow wire to yellow prong wire , and green wire (long light on bottom below main headlamp)will splice or connect to this yellow wire[/align][/align]PROJECTOR FOG LAMP[/align][/align]RED WHITE[/b] prong wire will connect to BLUE[/b] wire on back of projector fog lamp[/align](this is the same place you will have the RED[/b] wire from the small corner bulb connected)[/align]You will connect the BROWN[/b] wire from the MAIN headlamp, and remember above this is also where you will be connecting the BLACK[/b] wire from the small corner bulb. Solder this connection and the BROWN[/b] wire will now connect to the BROWN[/b] prong wire[/align]For Passenger side, I suggest you lay it beside this one and do it the same way..THEN install.[/align]Good Luck. Go slow and BE CAREFUL. These scratch so easily it's not funny. [/align]

Old 01-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Default RE: Wiring

Thanks for the info. I changed my headlights about 4 years ago to the euro lights, so I have the six prong connectors. I was able to plug the connector right into the new lights, but all my light don't come on at once. On the high beam switch the fog light and the headlight come on and the main lights dims a bit. On the regular switch just the main lights and the long lights come on. The small lightsdo come on and stay onwhen I pull the light switch out. Definitely an improvement for my old headlights, but not as bright as I had hope. They works, so I'm not going to sweat it. Still I love the new look!! One of the best upgrades ever made for the 124 model. I'll post some photos soon.

Old 01-30-2007, 12:37 PM

Nice job! You spent a lot of time and effort on this project. All legal?