Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Over Heating problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:14 PM
Default Over Heating problem

Hi all -

I am having a 124 E class V6 300E car and facing the problem of overheating while idling the engine temperature raised to 120C - my car radiator coolant box had white creamy substance and removed the head gasket and fixed the oil and water mixing problem but the actual problem of overheating still exists so then I changed Fan clutch, checked the radiator (opened and cleaned), checked the Airconditon FAN, the only thing left to replace is the water pump which three year back I changed - Day by day I am changing parts and now almost eveything is new - is there any solution for this over heating. I love its power so keep hoping for a good time.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Over Heating problem

Infront of the radiator there's a fan that kicks in when a sensor indicates the engine is getting hotter than should be at idle. Perhaps it's a sensor issue?

Also what about your thermostat? When's that been changed? If it's not functioning right then that will be an issue...

Old 10-17-2007, 02:52 PM

The fan control sensor switch is workingand thetemperatureset to operate is 70 degree and also I changed the termostat with 71C behr recently - no use - Thanks for your quick response

Old 10-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Banned

Run a leak down test on the engine.You may have not solved the problem with the head gasket if the head was warped and you did not mill it.Also you may have a crack in the combustion chamber that is causing combustion gas to send into the coolant.Either one you need to run the tests.
and by all means check the thermostat,although I think it sounds more like the other two.
Running for a half hour and my car hits about 90c max. At 120c you are so out of range it is damaging the engine.that's 248f beyond way hot!!!!!!!!!!!!stop driving it,fix it,or it will fix you!
ohlord
With the proper level of coolant in the fill tank and the engine cool remove the cap and start the engine,let it warm up and look into the coolant tank,see bubbles?

Old 10-17-2007, 09:17 PM

Thank you for response
Please note thatI did a pressure test, seating values while I replaced the head gasket and all its fine now i have a doubt that the reason for getting over heat is not the oil and water mixing problem. (may be it also will but in my case its starting only not reach in a seviour stage) I doubt the real issue may be my water pump or engine fan blades - which are those two things to be replaced. I am fed upwith staying in the workshop and getting spare parts every time. 10 days now ........... no cure

Old 10-17-2007, 10:25 PM

What does the temp do when you drive ??? any change???