Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New member needs help with E55 AMG, Please!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 02:23 PM
Default New member needs help with E55 AMG, Please!

Hello, my name is Megan and I'm new to the site and wanted to introduce myself first of all and second ask for some advise/ help with my 03' E55 AMG. I recently bought the car used from a friend of a friend and it has a few issues that I am concerned about. My number one concern is a service light that keeps coming on that says " NO OIL SHUT OFF ENGINE" or something like that. I contacted the guy I bought it from and he assured me it was only because it was in need of an oil change and the light would go away once I did that, well it was gone for one day and is back. Also a service light is on that shows a picture of a battery that says "visit work shop". Im affraid to drive the car now. Can anyone help a poor girl out? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Megan

Old 07-27-2010, 01:53 PM

Did you physically check the oil with the dipstick? Does your engine have a dipstick. I would not start the engine unless I was 100% sure the oil was there.

The battery indicator could mean a broken belt, a bad alternator, a bad battery, and a host of other things.

I would guess your best bet would be to have it put on a flat bed and brought to a local Mercedes independent mechanic. The "no oil" message is a new one to me. "Low oil" I've seen, but never "no oil".

If you had the oil changed at a jiffy lube type place, they may have not put enough oil in your engine, which would drive a "low oil" message. An E55 engine costs alot of money. Make sure you have oil before you do anything.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:41 PM

could have a bad oil level/quality sensor. i dont think you have a dipstick on that model???if not you need to be sure of the correct amount in there. also make sure you have synthetic oil too. jiffy lube doesnt really care what they put in your car. or they charge you for synthetic but put in regular crap oil.

the battery light could be the auxillary battery under the hood passenger side under the cabin filter.

or your battery control module could be bad or could need to be flashed.

Old 08-02-2010, 09:47 PM

I replaced the battery in the truck, that battery is huge!! The sensor will be put on tomorrow, hopefully it will solve the problem. I am lucky enough that there is this shop close to home that spoils me and did put the synthetic oil! Once all this is complete I then hope I can enjoy the car!