Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

mr_aitch

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Smile mr_aitch

How do I replace bulbs for my heater controls I have a E Class 320. year 2000

Old 01-24-2010, 01:01 AM

How do I replace bulbs for heater controls I have a E Class 320 year 2000

Old 01-24-2010, 08:33 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum.

If you look at the CCU (Climate Control Unit) you will see two small slots at the lower corners (same on radio if its OEM). You need to obtain a set of 'radio removal keys'. They insert into those slots and release the latches which keep the unit in place. When you can slide the unit out, release the cables. On the back of the CCU you can see the bulbs. Be sure to replace with correct volts/watts. Whenever working on anything electrical with the car I recommend disconnecting the negative (ground) cable of the battery. However, you must resync express windows, sunroof and input radio code if you do. Procedures are in Owners Manual. Radio code is on card with Owners Docs.

In my opinion, the best keys are the ones from Becker (beckerautosound.com) or MB dealer (same ones). They are pretty inexpensive. There are plenty of aftermarket sets which will work but you may have to fiddle around a little more. If you go aftermarket, look for a set which includes radio keys and cluster pulling hooks for MB. There are bulbs in the back of the cluster as well.

Good luck.

Last edited by RichardM98; 01-24-2010 at 08:36 AM.