Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maintenance D

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 10:41 AM
Default Maintenance D

Hi folks, can you tell me what items are included in a Maintenance D for a 35k miles 2003 E320? I'm planning to do it in a different shop now, everytime I take the car to our local MB dealer they deliver the car with a new and different problem ... and charge me a lot $$$$. Thanks again!

Old 11-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Banned
Default RE: Maintenance D

03 you can use your steering wheel function selector to view what needs to be done at the next service.
Why not diy?tips and diy on benzworld.org forums.
Prices go up according to hours in the shop labor book so service d is more then service a,b,c.
http://www.theworkshopmercedesbenz.com/
http://www.benzworld.org/forums/w211...service-d.html
might provide some info beyond what you have in the owners manual.
if not the diy type find a good indie shop.
ohlord

Old 11-06-2007, 02:05 PM

Thank you Ohlord, I couldn`t find a answer on the steering wheel or on the links, maybe it`s better to take the car to the dealer this time.

Old 11-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Banned

Do you have an owners manual?it will show you how to access the fss info.The dealer will screw you for what is basically an inspection and an oil change.Go to edmunds.com maint section and punch in your model,year and miles and it shows a maint schedule.Don't take any heed to the prices they quote,the dealer is way more money.
find an indie shop
do you have a manual?

Old 11-06-2007, 10:06 PM

I have an indie shop very trustable,I already checked edmund`s before I posted this tread. They say it will be like this: change oil, oil filter and cabin filter, just that, no spark plugs, transmision fluid or anything else. The MB dealer here wants to charge me $ 400.00 USD for a $100.00 job, that`s why I would like to know if anything else should be done on this car.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:03 PM
Banned

Just a general inspection of belts hoses etc.Go to the diy section on benzworld.org w210 section for diy's.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:03 AM

Ensure the heater air inlet plenum chamber DRAIN (under grill on bonnet...sorry hood) is CLEAR.
They tend to get gummed up if you live under pine trees and the consequences can be VERY EXPENSIVE.

Modern cars tell you when they need attention.

Use the correct oil and filter. BE WARNED.

...and also check to see if any codes are pending but this is not normally included in the dealer service.

Stuart

Old 11-07-2007, 07:08 AM

I check the hoses every other month, they are ok, I`ll check the hood drain, good point. I always buy oil and filter at the dealer. Will make a tire rotation also. Dust filter? Fuel filter? Spark plugs? The car has 35k miles. All the codes were erased a couple weeks ago when the dealer changed left front strut.

Old 11-07-2007, 08:00 AM

hi,
Its not the hood drain but the air inlet drain situated below the vents at the rear of the hood. have to shine a torch down the opening. the drain is at the very bottom and not easy to see. is there any water in the bottom. there shouldn't be!!

So you are / will use Mobil 1 synthethic 0w-40 and a genuine MB fleece filter?

Stuart.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Banned

Plugs are 100000 mile.The others you can find on the mbworld.org w211 section
ohlord

Quick Reply: Maintenance D