Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flshing Mirror and Dome lights

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Default Flshing Mirror and Dome lights

Members,

I have a 2005 e320 cdi and it just began alternating interior flashing mirror and convenience (dome) lights @ ~1Hz. I pulled the battery to reset and seemed to work for a while, then restarted. Last night, all the interior dome lights turn on, then soft turn off, just to cycle back again.

Any clues as to what is going on or what I should be looking for?

Cheers!

Larry

Old 08-04-2012, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by larrybterry
Members,

I have a 2005 e320 cdi and it just began alternating interior flashing mirror and convenience (dome) lights @ ~1Hz. I pulled the battery to reset and seemed to work for a while, then restarted. Last night, all the interior dome lights turn on, then soft turn off, just to cycle back again.

Any clues as to what is going on or what I should be looking for?

Cheers!

Larry
i would first think that maybe you have a bad door jam switch. or one of your door strikers need adjustment.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:45 AM

Chassis221,

Interesting idea. I'll check that out.

Larry

Old 08-27-2012, 11:46 AM
Default Answer

The most common issue is a failed Signal Acquisition Module, your car has two.

The Signal Acquisition Module in the engine compartment has been superseded nine times on your car.

Signal Acquisition Module
MB# 2115457801

The Signal Acquisition Module in the boot (trunk) has been superseded seven times on your car.

Signal Acquisition Module
MB# 2115459301

As a precaution, you should also have the alternator, and both batteries tested.

FYI: The battery control module in the trunk also has issues, superseded six times.

battery control module
MB# 2115408645

roy@pelicanparts.com

Old 08-28-2012, 07:05 AM
Default Response to Roy

Roy,

Excellent feedback. MB dealer was clueless as to where to begin looking, with no obvious error codes.

Batt/Alt were ok. - that was my concern as well.

I think that it was precipitated the cascade of issues was the heavy heat we had in the NE that week and the hard driving.

When you say "superseded", you mean new revisions have been made. Are these revs compatible with my model/year?

Cheers!

Larry

Old 08-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Default Answer

Originally Posted by larrybterry
Roy,

Excellent feedback. MB dealer was clueless as to where to begin looking, with no obvious error codes.

Batt/Alt were ok. - that was my concern as well.

I think that it was precipitated the cascade of issues was the heavy heat we had in the NE that week and the hard driving.

When you say "superseded", you mean new revisions have been made. Are these revs compatible with my model/year?

Cheers!

Larry
I am accessing data directly from Mercedes Benz master computer "EPC" = Electronic Parts Catalog.

When EPC specifies a component has been "superseded" = MB has verified fit function of the replacement.
Frequently the older number units are pulled back from dealer and warehouse for destruction.

FYI:
Each time MB has superseded a module, their generic internal cost is a minimum of $150,000.00 USD, and can easily go into the millions of USD if safety testing and government re-certification is involved.
Obviously there are issues with previous design units.

roy@pelicanparts.com

Last edited by PelicanParts.com; 08-28-2012 at 02:16 PM.