Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Different size tires front and back????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 12:16 AM
Default RE: Different size tires front and back????????

Sounds, like whenever Lugnut is checking his belt, or pants size he is rolling on the living room floor
You almost figured it out on your own by accident, but you didn't quite get there. It's not surprising for a retard and I'll have to help you... again. The concept is the same but you have to think outside that idiot's box you've locked yourself inside of in order to grasp it.

The belt goes around my waist. I can mark it where it's buckled. If I take it off and lay it stretched out, then I can measure it for my corresponding waist size. I would ignore the size the manufacturer printed on the inside of the belt because although it is the size of the belt, it's not the size of my waist. The size of the belt doesn't help me determine the size of my waist. This precludes the need for me to buy a square belt.

Are you able to understand something this simple, or is even this above your limited abilities? Take all the time you need to mull this over. Please take your time so you don't embarass yourself again by continuing to argue the asinine position you've taken.

Old 10-30-2005, 12:24 AM

Sounds, like you are riding on square tires already.

Old 10-30-2005, 12:41 AM

I was right. You can't figure it out.

Old 11-02-2005, 02:42 PM

My 97 E420 sport has 235/45/17 on front 255/40/17 on rear, 135000 miles no problem ? The only thing i have noticed is the trac c
control will engage sometimes when the tires are new, just turn it off. After the tires wear down a bit it will stop doing this as well.
The larger rear tires make a huge difference in the way it handels. Plus it looks good from the rear with the 40 wide tires.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:32 PM

I hate to get in the middle of such a great p***ing match, but I just have one little comment. You're both actually talking about tire circumference, not diameter, when you're arguing about "rpm" versus "rolling measurement". You two can keep arguing about which one is correct to use!!

Old 11-03-2005, 09:34 PM

Lugnut's understanding of math and physics is as poor as his political knowledge, but circumference and diameter are both linear, so if that what you want to measure, makes no difference.
In real life, the tire lowers under the load and when rolling it is affected by centrifugal force. Higher the speed, bigger centrifugal force makes bigger tire diameter.
That's why the rpm listing states the speed at which it is taken (usually 40 MPH).
Hope that is clear.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:08 AM

What you're saying is idiotic. You're claiming that different size tires will all be the same size because of centrifugal force at 40 mph. Do you really believe this? Your "rpm" thing is true only if the tires are the same size to begin with and you go 40 mph.

What happens to your bastard theory when the cruise control disengages at 80 mph because of different tire sizes? You should search the forum before you give your next asinine answer.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:12 AM

Is this your 2000-th post.
Congratulations.
Now stop trying to understand things, that overload your perception.

Old 11-04-2005, 01:24 AM

Does your face hurt from the shovel?

Old 11-04-2005, 01:51 PM

I have an idea for a test. Let's get someone to flatten one of their tires and then drive 40 mph to see if all of the tires on the car are the same size. How about you? Wanna volunteer?

Quick Reply: Different size tires front and back????????