Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

courtesy light or parking lamp

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 02:07 PM
Default courtesy light or parking lamp

ive noticed on the wiring from the low beam to parking lamp there seems to be a resistor or diode can anyone tell me what size it is or what,,may right front lamp is dim and right front is bright, 10v on driver at lamp and on passenger side 6 vots at lamp,,,saw what appeared to be a small in line resistor to park lamp and looks burnt,,ahhhhhhh, let me know

Old 01-19-2008, 06:10 AM
Default RE: courtesy light or parking lamp

hey guys never mind,,,mercedes has put a fusable link oem on the hotwire in between the connector at the wheel well to the park bulb,,it was bad,,,,just trace the wire by removing the large cap for the low beam thats the biggest bulb its a gray wire,,,just about midways between there and the parking lamp bulb is this link ,,no links on the other bulbs but there is one on this one,,,,i solved the problem yesterday by cutting out the link and straight wiring accross without the link,,it worked and solved the problem,,there is a courtesy lamp fuse in the fuse box near drivers side in rear of motor ,,well for each side so it cant do anything but blow a fuse or bulb,,it works great,,,,like new had new socket oem,,,new bulb oem,,,but light was dim compared to drivers side,,,checked voltage with a fluke meter half the voltage ,,,while working or on 10 on drivers side and 6 on passenger side in new something had to be in line causing this drop in flow,,,just common since, i am by no means a master mechanic,, but just use a bit of guy since,,,be blessed,,,,deltaman