Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check engine light

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 04:34 PM
Default RE: Check engine light

ORIGINAL: stahlkrieger

ORIGINAL: Battlecat714

Well since I don't know much about that code myself, a friend of mine helped me out:

"Air injection is an emissions process carried out by a pump that is usually driven by the fan belt.

Your car should have an air pump. Code 11 is telling you to look at air injection. My first shot would be to look in Section 14-7165 of the manual. It may provide some information."
BC, Ahh..."smog pump" hummm. Is this the factory manual you are talking about? Where would I get one? I'll look around on line, there are a lot of junk manuals out there....I have a few! Don't need any more. I got a transmission one that is so sad.

Thanks again!

Michael
I think he was talking about the factory manual...

Old 07-29-2006, 01:06 AM

BC & SW, I have found that the air pumps hose has a split in it....a huge one. The hose is between the tube on the exhaust side of the engine and a vacuum control valve. I do not see any electrical connections or sensors in the area. I wonder if this can cause the fault code (#11) I will replace the hose tommorow....early in the A.M.....just too hot for me.

Michael

Old 07-29-2006, 09:37 AM

ORIGINAL: stahlkrieger

BC & SW, I have found that the air pumps hose has a split in it....a huge one. The hose is between the tube on the exhaust side of the engine and a vacuum control valve. I do not see any electrical connections or sensors in the area. I wonder if this can cause the fault code (#11) I will replace the hose tommorow....early in the A.M.....just too hot for me.

Michael
hmm...no electronics huh? Well the air pump might be signaling that there is something wrong with the output...that's my guess. At least you found something though, that's a start.

Old 08-17-2006, 12:06 AM

I hve 2000 E320. Recently, I had the CHECK ENGIN light kept on when driving and the light went away without doing nothing. Afterwards, I went to the dealer they found out thet the AIR MASS SENSOR and cost me CAD580 to replace it including labor ( I don'y have extended warranty). As sown by the picture, you can see what the AIR MASS SENSOR is, in the cavity, the is a small diode and a senor, priced at CAD360. The technician asked me to keep the defective(?) SENSOR for 30 days. Suppose that they are not sure yet if the SENSOR is the cause of problem. I also had the ABS EPS alert light on time to time but it went off without doing anything.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15278/AF99E64F86764995B61DA75D8A3A01CD.jpg[/IMG]