Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bixenon Help/Advice Needede

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:59 AM
Default Bixenon Help/Advice Needede

I currently own a 05 E500 with the bixenon lighting package. About a 3months ago I had to take get one my active headlamp replaced due to malfunctioning. So when I got back my car my bixenon lights are looking different. I understand that there is a burn in time required. So I waited a week, 2 weeks and 3 weeks. Colors werent matching my other lamp. So they replaced the bulb other bulb on both side to match it. So I know have to 2 new bulbs. Still no match. I waited 3-4 weeks for burn in. Nothing still. So just took my car back in yesterday I told them what going on with this. We compared it to a new car. My car was totally different.
Both sides are totally different. When I turn them on the left side is a clear blue then fades to clear then other yellowish.
Can anyone help me out with this problem. Thank You.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Banned
Default RE: Bixenon Help/Advice Needede

They need to replace them in a matched set.Both at the same time,both from the same manf.
ohlord

Old 09-09-2008, 02:34 PM

Ohlord is right, but it´s a expensive solution. I learned to live with this mismatch. After a while youforget it.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:40 AM

Colour is a function of "filament" temperature which in turn is a function of voltage.

"Bulbs" need to be of the same type / age but they are not supplied as matched pairs.

So since you now have two similar bulbs (need to confirm) whether OE or some aftermarket brand, all should be OK but it isn't.

So did they change the power pack?

I have no specific experience on the details of these packs but I wouldn't be surprised if through SDS Star diagnostics it is possible to "tweak" the supply voltage which is several thousand volts.

Just an idea.

Stuart