Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

300e

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 08:19 AM
Default 300e

I went for a ride yesterday and all of a sudden my 1993 300e with 3.2 just died.I coasted over off the road and tried to start it but it wouldnt start.I suspected a fuel delivery problem but stranded with no tools is not good.After several attempts and about 10 mins later the car started and we took off and drove for about a mile and it did the same thing again.After another 10 or 15 mins it started again and it ran for about a minute then died again. I had it hauled hone and found no fuel pressure and fuel pump wasnt running.After several more attempts all of a sudden i had 60 psi of fuel pressure and it started and ran while the gage was attached all of a sudden the fuel pressure dropped and car stalled. I have not checked the voltage at the pump yet but will try to today.Anyone have any suggestions i would be very thankful for any ideas
Mark

Old 08-13-2013, 12:17 PM

I checked for voltage at my fuel pumps yesterday and i dont have any with the key switched on or trying to start it.My son did tell me that the key and ignition switch seems to be getting warm while trying to start the car.Can anyone tell me how to test the electrical side of this fuel pump issue?
Thanks
Mark