Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 E320 4 Matic sedan Electrical Problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 04:21 PM
Default 2000 E320 4 Matic sedan Electrical Problem

I have owed this 2000 E320 4 Matic Sedan for approximately two months. The car has 58,000 miles on it.

Recently I had water get into my passenger side rear seat area (wife got caught in a storm with a long curtain rod in car that was sticking out of rear window). I removed the rear seat and dried out everything as best I could. The foam surrounding the central locking system was soaked and therefore the central locking system was wet also. The battery is also located here along with a fuse panel. All fuses appear to be OK and the car drives as it should.

The problems I now have are as follows:

1. Interior lights do not function properly. Will not turn on/off when doors are opened and closed. They will turn on/off manually.
2. When I lock the doors with the FOB (remote) the yellow lights do not blink. I am not sure that the alarm is being armed. However, when I unlock the doors the yellow lights will blink.
3. The cental locking button on the dash no longer works. I can hear the central locking motor making a noise when I push the button, but the doors will not lock or unlock.
4. ABS and BAS lights have come on twice since this event. They are not on now.
5. Turn signal blinking is irregular (faster) than normal. All exterior lights seem to be working as they should.

I replaced the door contact switches today - no change in any of the above symptoms.

I am not sure if the above are all related to the interior getting wet or if they are all isolated.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Mark