Mercedes E Class Mercedes E320 and Mercedes E500 Sedans and Wagons.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 e500 several errors

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 03:38 PM
Default 03 e500 several errors

Hello everyone! I just purchased an 03 e500 that had been sitting for a year. I had to replace both batteries. I also had to replace the batteries in the remote. After replacing the batteries in the remote the remote started working. The errors on the display are SRS error and brake wear. Occasionally there are a couple more errors that pop up. One is check coolant, however i have checked it and it is fine. Also the temp on the dash is always in the same place. Today i was going down the road and my son rolled down the back passenger window. I ask him to roll it up and he said it won't let me. I tried from driver side and it went up about an inch and stop. I tried again and same thing. I didn't try again for about five mins and it rolled up fine. The next thing i noticed when i got out of the car was that the remote no longer works and my blinkers do not work. I have read that both SAMS need to be reset after battery replacement but I was wonder if that is what is causing all my problems are not. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:45 PM

Alas your problems are probably being caused by modern Mercedes Benz poor build quality problems, especially with the E Class model that you have.

Are you sure you have reset the remote correctly, try resynchronizing it several times. And ten resync the windows. Maybe that would help.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:12 AM

Thanks for the help guys. The resync did work on the windows as well as the remoter. Still having the other issues. I will take it to someone who can use the star on it tomorrow and see what comes up on it.