Mercedes CLK Class Mercedes CLK350 and Mercedes CLK500 Coupes and Cabriolets.

OEM Bluetooth Phone Install

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 10:13 PM
Default OEM Bluetooth Phone Install

I have a 2007 CLK 350 Cabriolet prewired for phone. I bought everything I was told I needed. I installed it myself. Looked pretty simple and straightforward. Afterward everything seemed to work fine except no one can hear me. My Mbrace system is working including microphone. I tried using a different phone with no luck. reseated and re paired the Bluetooth puck numerous times. Everything is brand new. Went thru a bunch of threads and cant seem to figure out why I don't have microphone sound for my iPhone 5. Do I need to do something with a fiber optic cable to access the TeleAid/Mbrace microphone? Thanks.

Old 05-18-2015, 07:18 AM

Originally Posted by dhesskew
I have a 2007 CLK 350 Cabriolet prewired for phone. I bought everything I was told I needed. I installed it myself. Looked pretty simple and straightforward. Afterward everything seemed to work fine except no one can hear me. My Mbrace system is working including microphone. I tried using a different phone with no luck. reseated and re paired the Bluetooth puck numerous times. Everything is brand new. Went thru a bunch of threads and cant seem to figure out why I don't have microphone sound for my iPhone 5. Do I need to do something with a fiber optic cable to access the TeleAid/Mbrace microphone? Thanks.
I have the same car. Di you ever get it to work? I would be very interested in what you bought and where you got it!

Old 05-19-2015, 05:04 AM

Yes I did. I found there was another connection in the trunk that allowed the microphone to work. It will work with Mbrace already but that another connector allowed both to work. I got all my parts from my local Mercedes dealer. Another option is to use eBay. There is a guy that sells the kit. His name is cell guy 85 I believe. You need the MHI interface. The Bluetooth puck and bracket and mine crame with a cable spit. One side is for an antenna booster the other linked the Bluetooth. The old system used this to boost antenna reception. And it came with an antenna booster in the trunk. I hooked everything up but it's not required with the newer phones. The old phone stayed in the cradle but the Bluetooth puck takes its place.

Old 10-25-2015, 06:50 PM
Default Need help!!!

Ok fellow MB owners. First, thank God for technology and to you all that are willing to share. So I just got my used CLK350 which I love! I was amazed though how technology evolved in only 7 years when most common fitures are not readily available in 07 model. I tried reading all the post but still confused. I am somewhat handy but guess not in this field. So I have a purple wire in my console and also what looks to be an iPod connector in my glove compartment but as I read seems I do not have the Bluetooth capabilility. Possible previous owner knew how much it cost and may have just sold it in after market or never had it....who knows...question to all you great people! So what components do I need? It's it the connector or bothe plate and connector? And how much is it and how difficult is it to install? Is it just connect the plate to the purple cord? Am I best just to buy the Motorola Bluetooth gadget? Does anyone have experience with them?
hELP! I have a feeling at the end of this I wished I bough a brand new car....