Mercedes CL Class Mercedes CL500 and Mercedes CL600 Coupes.

CLS, The best Car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Default CLS, The best Car?

Hello,

The new CLS is simply best of his class. A real dream car. The best equipment a car can have.

What do you mean?

Old 05-06-2005, 02:22 AM
Default RE: CLS, The best Car?

I personally do not think that it has anything more than the other Benzes other than a different look

Old 09-09-2005, 06:05 AM

I agree that the CLS is the best car in it's class, but that depends on tastes. Some mey prefer BMW and say the 6-Series is the best in it's class. But I think that the CLS is like a breath of fresh air for Mercedes-Benz because it starts a whole ne era and model line of MB automobiles. And the CLS looks good by any tuner. I mean take the E55 AMG - it's like one of the most beautiful cars in the world, and the Brabus CLS 6.1S gives it a cool agressive and mean look!! Have you seen the Fab Design CLS??? Go into Google Images and just type in CLS Fab Design. It's simply awesome! The first time I saw it I fell in love with it. You just can't love it! But personaly I like the Carlsson CLS most. Just LOOK at it...and weep!

Old 09-09-2005, 09:12 AM

from a technical point of view, the CLS is an E Class with a different body. It is built on a E Class chassis, (The two of them have the same length wheelbase at 112.4 in/2,854 mm). I have been told that the new R class is going to be built on the new M Class Chassis, just lowered with a chop top, but they do seem to have different wheelbase lengths........?

Old 09-24-2005, 05:29 AM

Yea the cls looks soo nice!

Old 11-08-2005, 02:43 AM

ORIGINAL: Iceman

Hello,

The new CLS is simply best of his class. A real dream car. The best equipment a car can have.

What do you mean?
Just ran into one last week. I thought it was a CL at first...WOW!!! She looks great!!!

Old 11-08-2005, 05:42 AM
Super Moderator

the CLS is an E Class with a different body
this is true.

the long hood got a sporty look, but if you look underneath, there is a foot of clearance from the condenser to bumper area. the same as cadillac.

i am overhaulic one CLS 272 engine now. the engine has got many improvements. i can tell it's a high speed engine because it got shorter and thinner connecting rod. got 4 variable camshaft adjuster, and the vibration balancer is still present.

the ignition coil (smaller individual ones) and thermostat (three disk with electrical heater) is copied from bmw. got only two knock sensors now. the intake manifold even got integral vacuum memory and a tumble flap too.

very interesting... among with other things.

Old 11-27-2005, 12:25 PM
Super Moderator

The CLS is a nice looking car and even amid all the other common place BMWs Audis Volkswagens and Mercedes, the CLS is reconizable immediately and it's lines are good. I think soon the E-Class will start to look more like the CLS or will just become a larger CLS more than it is now.

Old 12-07-2005, 03:53 AM

They say the CLS will look like the new E CLASS model...once changed. Has anyone else heared of this???

Old 12-07-2005, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

CLS is an E-Class actually. it is not a C-Class at all.

not good in handling or driving. the body moves a lot and not stable. nothing special... i don't like it.

Quick Reply: CLS, The best Car?