Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Wipers Jammed?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2018, 07:45 AM
Default Windshield Wipers Jammed?

Hello All,

I am hoping someone can provide insight to this issue. 2015 - C300

The other day I was driving in light rain and the had the wipers on...during one revolution of the wipers, the right one crossed over the left and I immediately turned them off. I hopped out of the car and proceeded to the move the right blade by hand back into its place. Ever since then, my wipers are not functioning. When I go to turn them on; I can hear the gears trying to get them going, but they just sit there dormant.

Has anyone dealt with this before? I am not under warranty and terrified to bring to the dealer as I am sure they will charge me up the wazoo for repairs.

I am going to be doing the basic checks for the fuses etc. I searched a bit on the forum and I only came up with old threads from 2007 and not sure if they would be applicable to my 2015 C300...

Any suggestions?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-26-2018, 08:04 AM

Bumpy

Old 11-27-2018, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Benzo813
Hello All,

I am hoping someone can provide insight to this issue. 2015 - C300

The other day I was driving in light rain and the had the wipers on...during one revolution of the wipers, the right one crossed over the left and I immediately turned them off. I hopped out of the car and proceeded to the move the right blade by hand back into its place. Ever since then, my wipers are not functioning. When I go to turn them on; I can hear the gears trying to get them going, but they just sit there dormant.

Has anyone dealt with this before? I am not under warranty and terrified to bring to the dealer as I am sure they will charge me up the wazoo for repairs.

I am going to be doing the basic checks for the fuses etc. I searched a bit on the forum and I only came up with old threads from 2007 and not sure if they would be applicable to my 2015 C300...

Any suggestions?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I also tired doing a search for the issue, but did not come up with any results. I don't think that this is something that the dealer would need to address. I would just stop at any indy shop or even a common shop like Pep Boys and inquire with them. It may be something easy to resolve or perhaps the motor went bad.