Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

Whats this about bluetooth docking cradle?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Default Whats this about bluetooth docking cradle?

I saw on another forum, and haven't been able to find since, something about a new cell phone docking cradle being offered by benz, allowing any bluetooth phone to work with the car's phone system. Is this true? If so when can i get one? that would be great!

Old 03-02-2006, 04:51 PM
Default RE: Whats this about bluetooth docking cradle?

Just spoke with someone at wireless4mb.com and got the information on the new Bluetooth Adapter. (Click on Handsfree Communication)

* You will need the Mercedes MHI Handsfree system installed to use the Bluetooth adapter. This is $765 (+ labor as most of you know).
* Bluetooth adapter costs $350.00.
* It slides into the MHI dock (center armrest).
* It only works with certain bluetooth phones, see their website and call for more information.
* You have more phone options. I was told there is a Motorola Razr (silver) that will work with this Bluetooth kit. It is only $300 or so. So, at least the phones have come down in price and you have more options than just the compatible cradles/phones.

This still requires investment in the MHI system and the adapter ($1,115 + labor).

I have had the MB v600 and MHI system for some time now and really like it. It's not cheap to setup, but it's a pretty tight system.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:01 PM

OK, just to clarify. I have teleaid, and the prewiring for the phone is supposed to be their already with that option, however i have no dock in the armrest. So what exactly do i need to install this bluetooth adapter. Is this the Argos Bluetooth integration kit. or something different?

this is what the argos states

The Argos Bluetooth system is a simple and easy solution for a safe, smart and easily installable hands-free phone interface for premium automobiles. Allowing the simplest voice dialing and steering wheel integration of the Argos: version one, to the more advanced called ID, phonebook download and display of information on the MID or nav screen of Argos: version two. You can drive hands free without worry.

Designed to plug into the Mercedes' pre-existing phone option wiring via one cable, the Argos unit is easy to install at home if you so choose.

Old 03-03-2006, 02:35 PM

This solution is for cars with the Mercedes MHI Handsfree kit installed. All cars are prewired for phones, the $765 is the cost to have the MHI installed. The bluetooth adapter slides into the MHI dock in the armrest and costs $300.

If you don't have a dock in the armrest, you don't have the MHI installed. I would visit wireless4mb.com and read through it, it will explain to you the options for your car.

I have no knowledge of the Argos Bluetooth system.

Old 03-03-2006, 03:07 PM

ok thanks for the clarification.

i think i will go with the argos system. it is about 800 but i would have to pay that for the MHI anyway. also it will allow me to use any phone with bluetooth and not just the ones with the mercedes firmware.

here is the manufactuere websit of the argos

hxxp://eiskits.com/faq.html

and this is a place to preorder for 2005+ models or order for -2005 models

hxxp://www.eurocarphone.com/index.htm

i changed the http to hxxp (dindt know the rules about linking, better safe then sorry) so change back in your browser