Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

What could go so wrong? First maintenance questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Default What could go so wrong? First maintenance questions

I’m actively looking into buying a C230 this month because I am tired of my rover and want something smaller. However, my boss told me that after you buy one, your first maintenance is between 6,000 and 9,000 dollars.

Have you experienced a cost issue like this and was there anything in the warranty that was not covered that you wish was covered?
Thx

Craig

Old 10-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Default RE: What could go so wrong? First maintenance questions

your boss does not want competition...so he is discouraging you from getting a benz. tell him i said "**** you".

no such thing as $6k maintenance bill.

Old 10-20-2006, 10:45 AM

Yea I cant believe he said that.. He claims to have worked at a dealership and is now with me in the computer field. Last night I was thinking about the horror stories I have herd about my rover and only a third of them are actually true. Do you guys have the warranty and any complaints about it. fly_major_fly thanks for your feedback and making me roll on the floor. :-)

It’s kind of weird right now - I have to choose a car but I don’t like anything I see right now except these little C230's. I was looking into a Mini and they are very fast and cool but I could not image getting into a wreck in one of those things - its like the car industry is stagnate state right now and I don’t know to go turbo diesel or hybrid or SUV or economy.
And you would know my rover as just died(only 4 years old) its been sitting in the dealers lot for over a month and they cant get it to even start. My father just bought a brand new rover this year and that died on him last month too! - So at this point I can belive anything with these cars.

I live in downtown DC and only have to drive 3 days a week – so I am in a bind on what kind of car really suites my needs.

Thx for listening to me gripe ..lol

Craig

Old 10-20-2006, 07:31 PM

The first maintenance on my '06 C230 is an oil change scheduled at what....15k miles? That should cost maybe $200.

I am planning on changing the oil very soon, I am at 9 months and only 4k miles and am not going to keep the original oil around
for 3 years! But the scheduled first maintenance is oil change at 15k. That is fact.

After a Rover the MBZ should be quite reliable even if you are unlucky and have some issues! Sorry I could
not resist the Rover bashing.

My car is 9 months and 4100 miles and no issues at all, everything has been good and I am enjoying it.

If you are young (I am 38!) and have $30k to spend on a C230 you may want to look at a Subaru Impreza
WRX STi. That would be alot of fun FOR SURE - and you can always get a Benz later.

-Eric