Mercedes C Class Mercedes C230 Kompressor, Mercedes C240, Mercedes C280, Mercedes C320, Mercedes C350 Sedans, Coupes, and Wagons.

using ipod nano with c-class auxiliary- HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Default RE: using ipod nano with c-class auxiliary- HELP!

Will Drive+Play work with a 2002 C240? I know that some people generally had trouble when modifying the audio of a 2002 c-class in terms of ipod connectivity.

Old 07-20-2007, 03:22 PM

My situation is related but a bit tricky. My grandfather is giving me his 2006 C230 but its in Florida and I'm stuck here in LA, so I don't know the details of the car. I leave in a month to pick it up and then drive it to school right after that. I don't have access to many resources (i.e. auto shops, best buys, etc) where I am in upstate NY, so whatever I'm doing to the car I'm trying to do as soon as I pick it up in Florida, giving me only a few days to do whatever. As such, I'm trying to buy whatever I'm installing ahead of time.

iPod integration is important to me also, and at the volume I listen to my music, FM transmitters just don't cut it. Not to mention driving cross country with them means you constantly have to be finding new stations. So I ideally want the Drive + Play installed. I called Beverly Hills Benz yesterday to ask about it, and they said that an 06 C230 doesn't have an auxiliary input, which I find hard to believe because every competitive car is coming standard with them these days. So I was simply wondering if anyone can tell me which, if any, stereos have the Aux input and which ones don't, so that I know if I buy the Drive+Play it wont be a waste of money.

Old 07-20-2007, 10:28 PM

Agree. Both solutions will work, one wireless the other by hooking up the aux cable to the connector alongside the passenger door sill (under the carpet in the door frame tunnel, real easy to get to). From there you can route it up alongside your drivers seat and you got what you need.

Old 07-21-2007, 04:49 AM

If a c-class (such as the afmorementioned 2006 W203) doesn't have an auxiliary input, can they install one?

Old 07-23-2007, 12:32 AM

yes, they can. I guess it will cost you about 100.00 with labor included. If memory serves me correctly the part itself cost about 46.00. The receptacle will be located in the glove compartment on the right hand side. You can run a cable from there to your desired located.Best buy or circuit city has really good cables and are not expensive. Let me know how things go for you....

Old 07-23-2007, 01:19 AM

wait. i thought the stereo had to have an aux input whether or not the car had an aux plug. do the basic stereos that come with the c230s have aux inputs allowing me to set up a drive + play or not? i want to know whether i should buy it or not but i dont have my car to check if it will work.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:02 AM

Will the drive+play work with a 2001 C240?

Old 07-25-2007, 04:45 AM

ok let me try to explain.....
If you have the CD changer in the glove box depress and hold the CDC buttong on the left side of the stereo display. You should notice "aux input" displayed on the head unit and the small info screen between the speedo and tac (if not scroll thru until you see it). THAT'S you aux input component on the head unit. Look at the directions I posted earlier in the thread. Once you pull the passenger side panel and the door sill moulding pull the carpet away and you will see a plastic channel with wires in it. You will see a while connector (can't remember if it is a female or male) with three prongs or receptiles. Take the cable you boought from mercedes and plug one end into the connector in the channel and route it up the side panel to the side of the glove box. Get an exacto knife and look for the cut out for the female end of the cable (once you see it you'll know what to do). Once you remove the cutout insert the femal connector end into the hole and from inside the glove box push the connector body and the snap retainer together until you hear it snap. replace all the panels and you're done. Now go to best buy or circuit city and get a long cable. Both ends will have a male connector that looks like a stereo earphone plug. Frome there you can route if down under the carpet and up alongside the console on the outside. Plug your ipod into the headphone jack, HOLD the CDC button till the AUX Input shows, raise the volume on the ipod to about 85-90%, pick and song and let er rip. You'll be surprised. Like I said a dealer can install the jack for you of you'd rather not tackle it yourself. As for the Drive + Play, It workes like a charm with the AUX Cable. no worries. I just got the Drive + Play II and it took me all of 20 minutes to get it up and running and it charges the Ipod as well.Hope this helps youout.......

Old 07-25-2007, 09:00 AM

and if you dont have a CD changer i assume this still works?

Old 07-25-2007, 12:40 PM

That I don't know but don't see why not. If you have the "CDC" button on your head unit (my Benz is an 06 model) on the left hand side of the display, depress and hold it. If the "AUX INPUT" comes up, then it will work.

Quick Reply: using ipod nano with c-class auxiliary- HELP!